Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20847 04/07/06 09:31 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Has anyone out there visited the Crooked Tree Bird Sanctuary? If so what can you tell me?
Thanks

My take:

Beautiful lagoon. Friendly Creole village. You can drive, walk or bike around the village and nearby trails, though there's not a tremendous amount to see. You can canoe the lagoon and depending on when you're there should be able to see jabiru storks and other storks and a ton of other birds. Bird's Eye View Lodge (concrete building with a lagoon view) is the best of the few simple places to stay, with Paradise Inn (thatch cabanas) also a good choice.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
Lan, The last time I visited I tried to contact someone at Paradise Inn and could not get a response. Is it the type of place that reservations are needed? Thanks

P
P
We went in early December last year and stayed at Birds Eye View Lodge. Contact Verna Gillett on 225 7027 or [email protected]. Very reasonable, good food and we were very impressed with our two night stay. Small but very interesting Village with excellent Bird Watching (which is a great trip, even for those who don't think it sounds like it) and walking. The water levels, and hence size of the lagoons that surround Crooked Tree vary dramatically depending on the time of year. When we were there at the end of wet season the lagoon almost reached the lodge, but at the end of dry season it is a good couple of hundred yards away. Less water generally concentrates the bird life into smaller areas and makes them easier to see, but the boats can't get to as many areas. Cashew Festival would be a fun time to visit which is held each year on a specific weekend in May, I think, but I can't remember which one for certain.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.