Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#208716 10/31/02 05:03 PM
yat Offline
If you're thinking about moving to paradise... then THINK AGAIN and then think about it a little more.

What everyone has said on this board is right on, especially LAN. In my opinion, San Pedro is the greatest place to go to...spend a few weeks...go fishing, snorkeling, drinking beer, walking on the beach, relaxing, listening to BFS and Cat7. Been there, done that for 5 trips and plan on making a lot more trips there once I retire. But I know now that once I'm down in San Pedro for a while, I'll be eventually coming back to New Orleans.

Think about it.

#208717 10/31/02 08:41 PM
aggie00; Also, not to plug "someone's" book. smile the Adapter Kit for Belize is very informative.
Being in your twenties is a time for you to taste the fruits of your own country, the US has soooo much more to offer a young person than running off to a third world country to live.
Myself, I traveled the whole US in my twenties and even spent a month in Spain but I alway's came home...so, listen to the board and read..read..read about Belize before you make any major choice's.

LD

#208718 11/01/02 11:14 AM
i would suggest that you check it out when you are 20 something. i would have if i could have. now that i am 40 something i have one more life obligation to fulfill before i can make the move. by then i will be 50 something. the people that i have met there that are successful arrived with no children or other obligations and got in on the ground floor of tapping the money to be made. go for it.
gay

#208719 11/01/02 08:41 PM
Aggie
Go to the home page and read all the links...you'll learn all you need to know!!!

Grace DeVita
#208720 11/01/02 10:33 PM
S
S
Actually.....I think that 20 is a great age to spend a year or so in a new country....so long as you can pay your own way (or have a rich daddy to do it, no "jobs" for you on AC). You are young enough to have no responsibilities and adaptable enough to adapt.
I think its a wonderful idea, myself. Whether its AC, or Panama, or someplace else.
My stepdaughter lived on AC for a few months when she was in her early 20's..she loved it. But eventually the dough ran out and she had to go back to work!

Speaking of "isolation," we are moving to an island with no roads, no cars, no telephones (but wireless works and so do satellites!) no utilities, no stores, and maybe 100 people if that. Only way to get around is by boat. It will be an experience...of course, there is a cute little town 15 minutes away by boat and a world class city an hour away by plane, so we can get our urban fix when we need to.....this is in Panama. We'll be growing our own fruits and vegeatables and drinking rainwater...in a tiny little house, just us and the 5 cats! Isla Cristobal makes Ambergris Caye seem positively urban so its all relative....

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#208721 11/17/02 04:32 PM
except me Lan

I was 24 when I first arrived but your right not many youngsters last

Gaz

#208722 11/17/02 05:26 PM
T
T
I just had to add my two cents worth:

I came down here a year ago with my wife; we had spent three days here about six months earlier and decided to move here. We are still here. We are a little over 20 but, we still feel that young on occasion. There are a lot of people that age if you include the pilots from Maya Island and Tropic as well as the locals. And guess what? As of last weekend there is a movie theater on the island.

I have traveled my whole life including Europe, USA, Canada, Africa and the Caribbean. I have also lived in many of those places. I think they were all tremendous experiences. My suggestion to you is do what you like. If you think this is the place for you then come on down. In another 10-20 years you will no longer be able to make decisions that only affect you. Take advantage.

The boarders are correct in saying that most people don't stay very long, but I think it's a learning process. You may end up staying here for the rest of your life or you may leave in a week and end up in NY. Let me emphasize that it is good to go off to adventure but, use some common sense with regards to how you will live and eat etc.

God luck and maybe I will see you hear. Of course you I will not speak to you if you are an Aggie!!!

#208723 11/17/02 06:18 PM
make a trip and stay for awhile. When i was in my 20's, i could not have handled it....not enough "to do", and you can't work without a permit. Now that we're "older", we're ready!!! But do yourself a favor-check it out before just packing up and moving!! C

#208724 11/18/02 01:52 AM
C
C
I can not speak about moving to A/C ---but I can speak of moving to mainland Belize---namely to Corozal---thanks to my parents who brought me here---
I moved to Corozal Town, in Northern Belize when I was 7 years old. I will be 40 next week and am still here and still love the place.
Some people can make it and others can not. You have to give it a try. Whatever happens it will be an adventure you will always remember. Go For It! cool

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.