BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
Hi! My husband and I will return to Ambergris Caye (our 2nd visit) on June 3 and we want to spend a day exploring Caye Caulker. Where should we plan to eat (probably spending an early lunch and dinner there) and what's not to miss as far as sightseeing? Also, we would like to plan a day of snorkeling with a guide..what spots are best without going too awfully far? I've been doing a lot of research here on these boards and appreciate all the great information!

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you...will do! Last year we rented a house for our honeymoon but the caretakers guided us, guess the hotel can do the same!!

Rasta Pasta is good and so is the Rainbow Hotel restaurant. The Lazy Lzard is a great place for a few cool ones too ! :p

Take the water taxi to caye caulker. Ditto on Rasta Pasta (the jerk chicken burrito) Tippin a few at the Lazy Lizard at the split. Hangin out out the split for a while, bring your snorkel stuff. Walk the streets and the shops, meet some of the locals. Watch the kids fish from the main pier later in the afternoon and if you like bird watching go to the nature reserve. We always bring a couple pair of small cheap binoculars.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the ideas. Will do on the water taxi...seems the most economical and easiest... and the snorkeling equip. Just wandering around and taking it in sounds great! No agenda often times works the very best. I am supposed to be studying for an ACLS test at the end of the month - YUCK!! This is much better.

Bamboo Grill has nice food, is clean, and has a beachfront setting. I also like the Rainbow, Tropical Paradise and Sandbox.
Of course, for the best coffee on Caye Caulker, see me (Caribbean Colors Art Gallery & COco Loco Cafe), we also have triple chocolate espresso brownies and awesome tiramisu.

S
OP Offline
S
MMMM!! Yum! The brownies and tiramisu sound wonderful! We will come visit. Also, thanks for the restaurant news.

All good advice on what to do, but methinks you won't be able to do lunch AND dinner if you plan on using the water taxi. Last run to SP from CC I think is somwhere between 4 and 5PM, IIRC.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Whays a IIRC?

go buy the book laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day