Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#208981 02/25/03 04:32 PM
Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
I am looking for long term housing options and information. I am retired at 31 and not looking for work but might eventuly volenteer work. I need information on what I need to do to prepare myself for the move. Also can I set up direct deposet to Belize banks for my retirment checks? How much cash should I bring to set up? Should I fly or drive? Do I bring the microwave and stereo? Do I just need a passport? ect.

E
E
At first blush, it appears ,to me at least, that you have not done your "independent" reseach. Have you lived abroad before? Have you even traveled before? You may want to consider a visit to the island BEFORE moving. Use your own judgement not opinions of others.

I'd like to know how in the hell you retired at 31?????? Just curious.....C

O
O
For real, that is what I was wondering, retired at 31 and moving to Belize, just like that. Well good luck to you, how did you do it though? I only have 4 years on you and I am willing to learn real quick.
Jackie

Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
I am retired due to 2 war's and a training accident in Bolivea with the US Army. As far as independent homework that would be what this is I think. I have traveled abraud every major land mass and most of CA but you are right this is the first time outside of the border without Uncle Sam, and being in the middle of the jungle running and training with CA Soldiers. I am a Retired Airborne Ranger.

If you have not even visited , what makes you think that Belize is where you want to be?

Spend some time on the "search" button of this board....tons of info - do's dont's

BUT whatever you decide, you owe it to yourself to make a visit first, probably for a month at least.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks that is what the plan is, I'll be there in May I've been quoted a price for a condo for a month at US$ 1500.00 is this reasionable?

E
E
Cotton, How in the world of Chester Puller did you retire after only 10/12 years? Last time I looked the USMC-USN-USA-USAF, reqiured 20 yrs. Two wars? HA ! Which ones?

Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
immissing I was shot in the right thigh in Bolivia. While in Desert Storm I was with the 82 ABN. DIV. and watched my BTL.BDY. get decapitated in a foxhole next to me if it is any of your Jar Head Buisnes! confused I am sory that your previous combat experence didn't give you the kind of PTSD and other battle stress that I have but I would gladly give it to you if I could. I am looking for a place to move on to and relax. I also have three Bronze Stars and I am shure more accomidations and medals than your years. I also have had Marine Corps NCO Basic, and Staff NCO Crs. while mind you in the Army.Please stop trying to get into some type of p~~~~~~ contest with me. If you would like Give me your E-mail and I will send you a copy of my DD-214 and VA certification of 100% dissability due to battle stress and PTSD &^%&^%&^%&^%&^%&^$^%&(^%&^%&^!

Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
The 2 wars Were Operation Just Cause ( Panama) and The Gulf War.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.