Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the help, I've been busy reading books. lonely planet and The rough guide to Belize. I've got a question for yall which bank, Atlantic Bank Limited, or Belize Bank, or any others to look into? :rolleyes:

E
E
Howdy Cotton....I'll be there in May too. I'm also retiring from a very long war....the one against ignorance. I've been a teacher for 29 years.

E
E
I've heard you can get an efficiency apt. for $500 per month. I haven't been down in over 20 years. The websites are showing me the place has gone through some radical changes but I'm sure the reef is still beautiful.

Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
Are there Golf cart stores in Belize City? or do you wait for second hand carts to come available? I've been looking and looking for golf cart dealers and find none on the net any help?

D
D
There is an E-Z go dealer with several new machines on display just north of Island Grocery near Ramons Village.. I didnt stop to ask what one costs tho....Also the folks at Pany rentals (right at the south end of middle street)said that they were Dealers for Yamaha and would soon have some in stock also were going to provide service for some of the older machines already there.. They take a beating what with the salt water and dirt..

S
S
Captain Sharks Marine store is a golf cart dealer; ask for James, 226-3156, 226-3370

Cotton Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, for the info. It is a big help.

Cotton
Come on down - what do you hve to loose?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Cotton,

I am 32 and semi-retired (I'll have to go back one day). I just took the downpayment I had been saving for a house, and jumped in with both feet. I had never been to Belize before I moved down here. I just put all my stuff in storage, loaded three suitcases and flew down. I stayed at Ruby's for about 6 days while I looked for a place. It wasn't hard to find. There seem to be many decent apartments around. I think there are even some in my building. I got a decent one-bedroom, furnished with A/C, a microwave, T.V. and cable for $350 U.S.

Do as much research as you can. Though I've found that the island seems to be changing almost daily so some of the info is bound to be outdated. If you have the money, a golf cart is definitely the way to go but I would check out the island before you buy. Some people prefer electric, while others like the gas kind. I don't know anything about them myself, but there is at least one dealer on the island.

I really haven't had to get to my money yet, but I figured that since I will only be here 6 months, I can just transfer as I need to.

If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer. You can email me at:

[email protected]

Hope you love it here as much as I do.

Kelly

LB Offline
Cotton, I salute your service to our country. My boyfriend is a retired Marine MP and lives here in San Pedro comfortably on his disability pay. He didn't see all the action you did having been seriously injured in an on-base accident in Hawaii when he was only 20 and declared 70% disabled. But he researched where the best quality of life was for his fixed income and Belize was one of the top three places. Check out the retirement program. There is a Belizian Embassy or Consulate you can call in Houston, TX. Good luck,
Lacy
Caribe Island Resort

Lacy
Caribe Island Resort
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.