Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209333 05/19/03 01:51 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I am a canadian looking at investing in some real estate which I can rent out. I saw two condos attached for a price of 199,000us on Ambergrise Caye. I am wondering if we rented one of them and lived in the other could we call this a business. We will be starting off small but you never know what can happen.

The catch is this, my wife and I have never been to Belize but we have done alot of research and it does look appealling. It is growing more popular by the year and we believe this is a very good place to purchase land as a investment.

The question is what are the chances of a a foreigner with a business degree and tourism degree getting a job(managerial)at a hotel in Ambergrise Caye. How hard will it be to get a visa,from my research it looks next to impossible. My wife could manage the property and I could work.

Before we decide on purchasing this property we will be coming to Belize to investigate it.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter

Will let others address work permits. Real estate investing is something I do know about. There are two big problems with RE investing in Belize. Obtaining money and vacancies. If you need to borrow funds to purchase the interest rates are high-around 12%. If you can borrow funds at lower rates else where it would make more sense. But,not much, there is still the problem of vacancy and there will be plenty of vacant time. We have been there in Jan, Feb. and May. and at those times, there were always lots of places to stay. Translation -vacancy. If you are going to use your own cash to purchase you still need to figure what return you would get if you did not purchase a rental property. Have you done any real estate investing in Canada? My suggestion is come live in paradise (rent)for at least a year before you buy anything. Rents are reasonable and see what is out there for you. Ambergris caye is a wonderful place. If you wish to get into further discussion, I will be glad to answer any questions. And, perhaps some one on the board has rental property and could give some insight.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
R
R
Indy Gal...will you email me, I need to ask you some questions.
carolyn

Rokky
Would be glad to email you except-I must be message board challenged, can not figure out how to get your email address.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Rokky
Would be glad to email you except-I must be message board challenged, can not figure out how to get your email address.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.