Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#209340 05/22/03 06:54 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank You again for the great advise.

My wife and I are still young, both in our late 20's and we have no children. We both have done alot of travelling so far and international experience is never a bad thing.

We will be staying in Canada for another year and then we will be looking for employment opportunites in San Pedro(Ambergrise Caye). Problem is I can't find a website with jobs on it so it looks like I will just have to fax letters to hotels on the island.

We do not have any real assets yet therefore mortgages may be difficult to get especially in a foreign country.

If we don't get jobs before we go we we come down on vacation for 10 days or so probably not until Feb-March or even April. Could be sooner depending on jobs.

Let me know if you have anymore advice and we already read those books, found them on the net.

Thanks Again

Peter

#209341 05/22/03 09:03 PM
Peter,
Don't think you will find web sites with jobs in San Pedro on it. If I am wrong on this someone will say so. There are just very few jobs. I get the San Pedro Sun and each week there are a few jobs in there.
If you want to reply, just add to the original post with add reply, so we don't clutter up the message board. You might start a new topic "How to find a job?" A number of people will tell you how it can not be done, but maybe someone will have an idea for you. Good Luck Pam

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
#209342 05/23/03 04:33 PM
Peter,

I am the same age as you and your wife...
and would like to move there as well.
I am visiting again this summer and am researching real estate there.
I am a real estate agent in Nevada.
KE

#209343 05/25/03 02:32 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally posted by ke:
Peter,

KE

#209344 05/25/03 02:48 PM
M
OP Offline
M
KE[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ke,

You have some experience in real estate so I am sure that will help you in your search. What is your feel about property value/real eastate in Ambergrise Caye? I feel in time, 10-15 yrs if property is bought now the vlaue will have tripled in this time as this is becomming known to tourist and foreign investors. I would like to visit belize soon and see how we both like it. Eventually maybe move there if we could find work(which apparantly is difficult due to immigration....unless you were to open your own company.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.