Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#209924 08/24/03 08:01 PM
OP Offline
I have been on this freaking computer all day...does ANYONE know anybody or service that could charter dogs down or any advice, other than commercial airline to get dogs down??? And without driving? Seriously stressed!!! C

#209925 08/24/03 08:31 PM
Originally posted by rickcheri:
I have been on this freaking computer all day...does ANYONE know anybody or service that could charter dogs down or any advice, other than commercial airline to get dogs down??? And without driving? Seriously stressed!!! C
Have you looked into the yucatan express ? their url is http://www.yucatanexpress.com/ good-luck, mel s..........

Mel Sinderman
#209926 08/24/03 09:23 PM
wow, Cheri, that could get very expensive. No way you can just tranquilize and fly them commerical with you? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are needing, and you really aren't looking for a private charter. But.......

You could see if Air Athens still operates out of Addison airport. If they cannot help you, maybe they could point you in the right direction. Or call any of the private charter companies in the phone book. I would think out of 3 airports there, although DFW is so commercial, you could reach somebody that could give you some answers.

If you really want to check into chartering a private flight, you could email this site and ask for recommendations on how to achieve the results you are looking for, but finding a private charter there locally would have to be a little less expensive.

http://www.aircharternetwork.com

I have a buddy who pilots for Continental and asked him for suggestions, but not knowing his flight schedule, I have no idea when he might answer. Plus, he is houston based - not dallas.

Good luck

#209927 08/25/03 09:22 AM
Mel,

The Yucatan Express has announced it will not resume service to the Yucatan this fall. Maybe sometime in 2004.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#209928 08/25/03 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Lan Sluder/Belize First:
Mel,

The Yucatan Express has announced it will not resume service to the Yucatan this fall. Maybe sometime in 2004.

--Lan Sluder
Thanks for the update Lan ! How you doing these days ? I'll pray for you guys during this hurricane season. Those storms make life too exciting.......best-wishes, mel s.

Mel Sinderman
#209929 08/25/03 05:42 PM
C
C
try a web search on pet shipping

http://www.puppydogweb.com/articles/shipping.htm#Organizations%20that%20Ship%20Pets�

#209930 08/25/03 06:31 PM
Cheri, you might really want to look into those pet shipping organizations that are listed on the site that ChrisW provided. Here is what my friend with Continental said:

As for your friend with the pets I am afraid that if they will not fit under the seats in a pet carrier that the only way to Belize is in the cargo compartment. I can't speak for American but Continental puts pets in a climate controlled cargo area and they do not put then in until its time to leave the gate so they won't get overheated. The Capt. signs a receipt for the pets at the time of delivery to the plane and has a maximum time period the plane can be on the ground before the plane must return to the gate and the pets removed for there safety. Continental is very conscientious when it comes to pets after law suits a decade ago.The only alternative is a private charter flight in a small plane,there are many in Dallas/Ft.Worth area but very expensive.

#209931 08/25/03 09:37 PM
S
S
...a little over a month ago, my wife and I moved our 4 (yes FOUR, a 95lb lab, two 70lb husky-mixes and a scrappy little 34lb mutt) dogs from SF to Ambergris via Miami... Once in Miami, we boarded the dogs for a night with a Co called Pet Limo (www.petlimo.com) ...The next morning, we flew on ahead of the dogs on American and the dogs flew out that evening in kennels as cargo on Amerijet. We were waiting at the airport to pick them up when the flight landed (at 11:00 pm) and they cleared customs/were on a boat with us back to A.C. about an hour later... All in all a much smoother experience than what we were expecting... the dogs were in great hands the entire time. Amerijet has flights form Miami twice a week, tuesdays and thursdays.

#209932 08/26/03 12:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
SFJeff- What did it cost to ship each dog? We have 2 we need to get there. Thanks.

#209933 08/26/03 08:42 AM
S
S
The shipping was actually not that expensive. Amerijet charges either by gross weight (an issue when you ship a lab!) or by volume, whichever is greater... I think it averages about $1 and change a pound. What was slightly more expensive but totally worth it was having Pet Limo pick up and drop off the dogs while we flew ahead of them... the couple that runs the service is wonderful, and they deal with Ameriejet all the time... They'll keep in close touch with the airline to ensure the flight is on schedule, and drop off the dogs at the latest time possible, so the dogs spend as minimal time in their kennels as possible. Pick up, boarding, drop off was about $275/dog (though they actually cut us a deal as we had 4.)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.