Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Foreigners owning small business? #210295
01/25/04 05:53 PM
01/25/04 05:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 31
Fresh Salmon Offline OP
Fresh Salmon  Offline OP
Call me crazy, but after seeing all the curse ships in Belize City: with no end in sight, I thought my US Coast Guard license would be better used in your nice warm water, running tourists around than being up to my waist in dead slimy salmon at a $1./lb and 20 degree Fahrenheit rain coming in sideways,but with the good though of only 48 more hours left in this day, and 1000 fish to clean.

Any comments, books, or web sites would be appreciated.

Re: Foreigners owning small business? #210296
02/04/04 10:52 AM
02/04/04 10:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,260
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
I think that for the job you describe "running tourists around" - you need a Tour Guide License.
To get such a license you must hold Belizean citizenship.
On the other hand - working in collaboration with a boat-charter company might be do-able.
There are various kinds of jobs on the water, and various kinds of restrictions - you need to be here and to be specific in your investigations.

Re: Foreigners owning small business? #210297
02/10/04 04:07 PM
02/10/04 04:07 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 31
Fresh Salmon Offline OP
Fresh Salmon  Offline OP
Thanks, I'll be comming down again in the fall to do a little hand-shaking around Belize City and Belmopan. Thank-you very much for comming back though.

Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do
Specials & Events
SPTB Calendar of Events

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
Cayo Event Calendar

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We handle all aspects of the purchase of your Real Estate in Belize. From in depth property searches to your final closing.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 86 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021 HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1