C
C
That was Martha's upper floor.

C
C
That's U.S. $.

L
L
Yup... that's an amazing room. That's the one I stayed in for 3 nights last October... slower season, I got it for just under $50US I believe. Definitely worth it, whatever the price!!!

K
K
Hi there Bill, still loving Midas? It is indeed a great place and the new owners are really sprucing the place up. For your info, not Bill, you who started this, Martha's has gotten way too expensive, I rented a small room with a fan and a miniature window and paid $50US about a year ago, silly me. The restaurant has been closed alltogether for the last week, supposedly doing renovations, and was only opened sporadically before that, so this is what I think, Cayo gal that I am: Martha's is living on past glory. I used to stay there all the time when SP was still homebase because the sheets and towels were really clean, and I assume they still are, but for the price? Not worth it! Casa Blanca is OK, but seriously over-prized. If you want to stay in town stay at one of the cheaper hotels, how much time are you going to stay there anyway? It really is a shame that all the great little hotels that are here are ignored by so many travellers. J&Rs, a well-known little hotel among budget travellers, have now added what is fondly known as the honeymoon suite, a great room for the price and with John and Rosa serving up coffee and advice in the morning, can't beat it and for the money it is a great deal, but alas how to reach them? I know they were listed as number one budget hotel in Lonely Planet, which up-dated info about Belize something like 5 years ago. As for restaurants, Hanna's is still great, as is Serendib, and if I may be so humble and mention Chingo's, a nice little place, yes, it is mine! Across from Venus hotel, number one choice hotel among ex-pats and Belizians alike.

p2v Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks alot for all of your input. We made our reservations at Martha's before kippe's post so we'll just hope for the best. Thanks again!!

Hi Kippe: I gather Maria has leased Midas out. She is very busy with her mothers hotel...the Venus and I do know she has entertained the idea of leasing it out in the past. Hope it free' her up. Bill

Gone fishing!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.