Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#210416 04/12/04 09:25 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I will want to buy either a laptop or a PC for my home on A.C. at some stage in the not too distant future - could someone suggest where is best to buy locally and what are the tax implications for the importation of computer equipment to Belize?

Many thanks

There is no duty on complete systems, but you'll have to pay sales tax.
I bought a wonderful system at a very fair price from Chis at Island Internet. He also provides great service. Highly recommendable.

To reiterate Chris offers a six month guarantee on all products that he sells-and for those in the know that is a huge guarantee

S
S
Julian Rivero @ CSM2000 ([email protected]) can build you a desktop system to suit as well... One BIG plus about having one built is that when it comes time to service/upgrade it, most often it is MUCH easier/quicker to take it apart... w/ the exception of Dell's, most off the shelf PC's (HP, Sony, etc) are a real pain to service.

Jeff-you are quite correct in what you write -both parties design computers to peoples needs and indeed operating knowledge-just wait till you need back-up-Chris wins hands down and yes this is from personal experience-IMO there is very little happiness in waiting two weeks or longer for your computer to be repaired.

N
OP Offline
N
Thxs everyone!

K
K
Don't want to knock Chris or anything, but check out what is available in Belize City! Electronics are much cheaper than they used to be and sometimes, who knows!I usually push for supporting the country you live in, but you could probably order a Dell from the States and still come out ahead, shipping and taxes included! Whatever you do treat your equipment like it was a newborn baby! The climate, the dust........yeez

K
K
Another option, talk to Chipri, you can find him or ask for him at the Internet downtown,on Front Street, can't remember the name:rolleyes, he has done a great job keeping my laptop working. Cheap too! :

kippe, thanks for not knocking me!

K
K
You are welcome Chris! Yes, indeed she lives in Belize, but she is not part of "Da Gringo Circle", that hangs out at BCs ( not knocking BCs either, nice little bar, she just doesn't go to bars, not that often anyway!) or any circle for that matter and especially not the circle that push for each other on this board! So there!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.