Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Help. I plan to come to San Pedro for the months of June and July with my four year old son. I am looking for a place to live. I am looking for an efficiency apartment that is affordable (read CHEAP)! Does anyone know of something that might be available? I would love to be in an area where my son will have lots of kids to play with and fairly close to a beach.

J
J
rhonda, if you want a REALLY CHEAP NO FRILLS place, i stayed at the 'CONCH SHELL HOTEL'.. they are right on the beach in the middle of san pedro, they have kitchen units available and daily maid service and really nice people..keep in mind it is your basic bed showere and stove and fridge, with ceiling fan and floor fan and windows front and back. i got a week package of 5 days diving 2 dives per day at 400.00 dollars. and they have monthly rates without dive packages and i was very happy with the location. there are 2 very nice 'local' places dianitas and i think b and d's ice box, one just around the corner from the hotel and the other just across the street 1/2 a block up on the same 'alley' that the hotel is on both very good and very cheap where the locals (and i ate) regularly) hope this helps. its really quite nice and as my friend in paris would say, "john, it's very well placed!! hope this helps you check it out under lodging on this site . hola john in denver

S
S
Great location!

...location, location, location.

Gone fishing!!
R
ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks. I will check that out. Are any of you familiar with Mi Casa apartments? They have pretty good rates and an available apartment for the summer. Also, Coral Reef Villas sounds reasonable...any thoughts?

Thanks again for your replies.

Or Offline
I love Mi Casa, that is where i stay everytime i go to SP. smile

I have lived for a short time in Mi Casa. The prices are reasonable, and the management is very friendly. I'm not sure about a lot of kids nearby as I didn't really see any, but Kimmie the cat is always around. Mi Casa is about 1/2 mile south of town in a decent location and has a full kitchen. Mi Casa is also in very good shape and newer construction. It also comes with a TV and free cable.

If you are looking for ultra cheap and in town you can check out Ruby's on the beach. They have a 20 us a night price that you can probably negotiate down a bit for a longer stay. It all depends on how you want to slice and dice your quality, location, ammenities, and pricing options. I don't think Ruby's has kitchens etc...

C
C
Aren't there apartmrnts available for like...$450/500 a month??I believe the medical students,among others,live in them.There ar such places not far from Banana Beach.Then there are some super cheap,like $300 a month maybe,near the Tanampa Bar.You will recognize these by their being "sort of" up on stilts.Or you can always asy Rick at the Tanampa Bar Restaurant to show you.

Across the stree from Mi Casa is the miniture golf course/icecream shop, there are always lots of children around. Also the Tennis club is only 1&1/2 blocks away and they have a great swimming pool for the kids.

Reality..What a concept!
C
C
...even $20.00 per night is still roughly $600.00 per month.Can't she do better by arriving,staying a day or two in a cheap hotel until she can find an apartment rental for around $450/500??These will have AC and kitchen stoves etc.which will enable her to not have to eat at restaurants constantly.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.