Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
mt12133 Offline OP
OP Offline
We will be visiting in July... confused any suggestions?

A nice local place is Papi's. It is reasonably priced, but very good. It is a favorite of locals and tourist alike. Located in the Boca del Rio area on the road to the ferry. San Pedro has many great resturants...and don't forget the "street food" on the town square. My personal favorite resturant is Caliente's located in the Spindrift Hotel. Reasonably priced lunches and wonderful Dinner menu. Mickey's Place is really good...the Wednesday Burrito Special for lunch is very special. BBQ at the San Pedro Lions Club Friday and Saturday night is a great bargain. Arrive early for the Chicken in broth. Wonderful!!! With the hot competition for resturant business...the unspecial resturant quickly folds.

Gone fishing!!
L
L
Cocina Caramba on middle street. Wonderful whole fish. Owned by a local and popular with locals and tourists

R.B. Mernitz
mt12133 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks ever so much. IT will make our stay EVEN better. :-) smile

Lily's, Estelle's, street vendors, Jambel Jerk, The Reef....

Do a search for restaurants and you will get TONS of info.

mt12133 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have done TONS of searches.. but was really interested in places the locals go. I figure if they continue going to the same places then they MUST be good. Know what I mean?

As the owner of a restaurant, I may be considered biased, but hear me out:
Define "local"
Do you refer to people who live here year round (yet might not be born Belizean), or do you want to know places visited by the "indigenous" San Pedranos.
Your Answer: they are virtually the same spots!
Places that are popular with tourists are equally popular with locals (Belizean and gringos alike)if for no other reason than to mingle with you visitors to our island. The board can sometimes make it seem that a restaurant is either a tourist place or a local place. But anyone who runs a business will certainly understand that no sucessful business plan would set out to cater to only a limited segment of its potential customer base. So in answer to your question, any place resgularly refered to on this board as good can safely be regarded as a place "locals" head for when seeking a good meal. Hope this helps! I say; do a search for the best restaurants and get your fork ready!!
Chris
Casa Picasso

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
mt12333 chris at casa picasso says it like it is !!when I was eating at his place wich is great ,and a first class ,restaurant.. that night the locals came for the fri spanish paellea [spelled wrong ], a super dish , plus half price martinis the place had 50%locals 50% gringo sanpedro want a be's like me . but very good food ,very good service .so there you go you have one for your book .go live the dream and enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
mt12133 Offline OP
OP Offline
I appreciate all the help.. I was referring to local meaning the people that live there year round. AsI continue to search and view responses, it seems that there are nothing but rave reviews. We will be there for two weeks starting July 1 and hopefully we can try them all.

Great,
Hope to see you while you are here, I am glad I could help. I am stuck here waiting for the phone man to arrive, and being on here is my way of avoiding doing other work.... see: even in paradise procastinating on websites is allowed.
All the best,
Chris

Casa Picasso celebrated three yearsthis May, thanks to all of you!
Chris and Jen
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.