Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#211153 03/13/05 03:09 AM
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello! I will be in AC for a few months, how do I purchase a bicycle? On the mainland and bring it by boat or do I buy it right in AC? What is the cost for a regular average bike??

Thank you

S
S
Either way works, the last one I bought was $325BZ on the island and was advertised on the mainland for $250BZ (the hassle of going to the city wasn't worth it.)

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you!
Ke

Buy local if you can and keep our fine merchants going!

K
K
a beachcruiser averages $250BZE on the island. Castillo's hardware usually have good deals! Make sure you get the ID number and save it! And buy a good chain and lock and always lock your bike.

I got the best deal from Fredricks by the soon to be replaced ferry. Get the basket.
If you do alot of riding you might want to have the cheep factory bearings replaced and a lower rear gear installed. Fredricks is a bike shop so he is fast with repairs and upgrades. I just returned to the states after spending two months rideing around the cayes and mainland towns and country.I had fun, good luck.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you thank you!!! where did you live during your two months. Was it hard to return home to the states??
KE

I stayed all over, Caye Caluker, San Padro, up to the Cayo and even down south. San Padro has the best and longest trails. Caulker is small but has some good roads and trails.
Supriseing I was ready to come back. In my real life I'm a commercial fisherman in Monterey California, I enjoy my work.

S
S
Ditto. Fredericks is the place to go. He'll build you a cruiser from the ground up if you like. Nice guy!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You might want to check out the Caribe Island bikes. They are all for sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.