Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hello,
My husband and I are moving to our home on AC in February after the birth of our second child in Nov. My question is: Are there any cribs or nursery furniture stores or places on the island that I could look to for help in creating a nursery for them both? Also, I'm wanting to do some redecorating in the house we purchased, including painting, putting in shelving in some of the rooms, adding "Wayne's Coating" paneling in a couple of rooms, etc.... where would any of you suggest I turn to? We've done some preliminary research, but I'm starting to really get anxious about it all as I sit here in CA brainstorming ideas.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

No idea about the crib, but you may want to consider a twin bed instead for the 2 year old. You can get portable bed rails that fold and pack easily, then once s/he grows up a bit you already have the bed.

that would be "wainscoting" wink

you would probably need to go to BZ City for cribs and children's furnishing. Try Mirab.

"wainscoat" paneling

Grace DeVita
OP Offline
LOL:) I never knew how to spell wainscoting before because I hadn't seen it on a label or anything. Thanks for the correction!

As far as traveling to BZ City, trying Mirab and a couple of other places (for example??)... how shall I get the bigger items back to the island? How much is a ferry ride to BZ City and will they bring back large items such as a crib or twin bed on the ferry? Will have to pay duties on them from the mainland to the island?

OP Offline
Oh, one more thing... could I possibly bring back items on any of the small planes going to and from BZ city to SP?

Cribs and high-chairs in mahogany are available at the Mennonite store on AC. Tons of baby furniture is available in Mirab in Belize City.
Lots of people put infants in string hammocks - these have lots of advantages.
Hardware stores and building supply places are easy to find.
Bring things home from BC by boat - either ship via Crystal or hire a lanchon to meet you in BC and haul things back.
Duties are for goods arriving from foreign ports.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.