Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
spl Offline
S
GB, good to clarify. Life and success in business is about "chances" when you say you would never take a chance, a telecommuter could always move back. You wrote DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. Not that you would not chance it.

Life's about chances and opportunities.

I do agree with all of the people above that it can be done. Just make sure you do everything legally in Belize and check into the laws.

I HAVE BEEN HERE 5 MONTHS AND THE POWER HAS GONE DOWN ONCE FOR 2 MINUTES, IT CAME BACK ON BEFORE I COULD EVEN LIGHT MY CANDLES.

MY CABLEM MODEM HAS NEVER, EVER GONE DOWN. I HAVE FASTER INTERNET THAN I DID WITH WHO I HAD CABLE SERVICE FROM IN THE STATES. I THINK DSL GOES DOWN MORE THAN CABLE, MY NEIGHBOR HAS IT.

It sounds like you might have more down time in Colorado than here.

Have you been here? If you have and love it here, GO FOR IT. Best of luck, follow your dreams.

CindyF Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh yes, I've spent a little time (not as much as I would like) in AC and I am completely in love!

Actually, I ended up in Colorado because my father moved out here to become a ski bum. I went to visit him right after he settled in and about a year later we were neighbors. Now he and his girlfriend have moved to AC - if he would just quit moving to such great places maybe I would stop following him!

Thanks again to everyone for the advice, opinions and information. I'm still in the very early stages of investigating the dream and this has been very helpful.

wow, you love it here AND have family! You can't beat that! I definately recommend trying your telecommuniting even more now!

I do think it will be much easier than you think. I do not feel like I have left the states with the technology today. I am an easy phone call away and have cable modem and wireless internet.

THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE IT EVEN BETTER LIVING HERE WAS IF MY FAMILY WAS IN LOVE WITH IT TOO AND COULD LIVE HERE!

Whew...why's everyone yellin confused

I can read ya loud and clear wink

S
S
I DON'T KNOW DAMMIT! THANK GOD I'M DEAF!

it's a long way from BZ to Colorado NYG

laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
If I had to rely on telecommuting as my only source of income, I would get a satellite dish, or rather I've been advised that you really need 2 dishes working together for uninterrupted coverage.
The DSl on Caye Caulker is amazingly reliable (knock wood).

Knock Knock...... smile

Glad it wasn't just me Simon smile
klc laugh

i did not know i was yelling by writing in caps.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.