Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Can anyone tell me what time most stores close on christmas eve in belize city (mirabs, daves, other type stores that sell housewares and furnishings. Also does tropic air have their normal flights into san pedro from belize city (International airport) on christmas eve? confused

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
This is pretty good 2mile, most folks don't plan so far ahead to be last minute shoppers.....

Hope someone has the answers for you.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
OP Offline
Thats funny Indy, I have to meet some family in belize city on dec. 24th. But I also need to pick up some more things for our condo. kinda like 2 birds with one stone. Although I do remember being in the malls on christmas eve (but that wes before we chose to spend christmas in san pedro for the last few years). laugh

Most places close very early if they open at all on Christmas eve. I came up from PG last year to get some things and was disapointed at what little was open, mostly just the chinese shops. Christmas is a very big holiday in Belize, but Christmas eve is almost considered a holiday as well. Dave

OP Offline
Thanks Dave, I thought that i remembered a lot of things shut down early. Oh well i guess i'll just have to go later in the week. smile

There was a good post maybe 8-9 months ago about where to shop for household goods in Belize City. If you want, try the search, if you can not find it let me know and I will look for you.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
OP Offline
Thanks Indy, I picked up some stuff last april in belize city and the search button was helpfull. I found that courts, daves, mirabs and a few more (names excape me) had a fair selection of household goods at decent prices. The problem is that we are used to a much larger selection of goods avalable to us at home, so we have to import some items but also try to buy local as much as possable (support the local economy). I just did not want to waste any time searching around belize city looking for an open store on christmas eve. (It cuts into my one barrol time) eek (Not to mention the expence of flying back and forth from san pedro to belize city)

I can see,You got it tough .......... :p

OP Offline
ouch!! wink

Hey 2mile, why don't you team up with Cindy and the girls ( I use that word loosely ) when they take their trip to BC? It could be fun, I would go with them but they won't wait for me to get to BZE. And I am planning a big pout about that - later today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.