Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I've spent the last few days determining what BTL is doing and I've posted my complete findings on this thread:

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic12433.html

Essentially BTL is intercepting Vonage call setup messages and impersonating Vonage as they try to complete a connection to your VoIP adapter/software. BTL adds a fast busy message to the "handshake" and this prevents the calls from being connected.

Apparently BTL has the "right" to do whatever they want, at least that is what everyone seems to think. As visitors/residents/citizens, we should really be concerned with this type of communications "hijacking".

How long will it be before BTL does similar things to instant messages, emails and even basic web surfing? What happens when even more sinister technology is installed that monitors phone calls for voice signatures (on PSTN or VoIP calls)? What they are doing RIGHT NOW is considered hacking in the US and EU.

What is the line? When will they cross it?

It is important we establish clear privacy boundaries at they pertain to telecommincations.

Please make an effort to come to the PUC meeting in the city. This may not directly impact you today, but the negative momentum is plenty cause for concern.

What about voip on sattelite?

&nbsp &nbspHi all,
have any of you used a service like Skype on a sattelite service like Starband? I'm sure it can be done, but I'd like to hear more about it from somebody who's used it.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbspDan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Search the boards, we have been talking about it for weeks. Yes it works and works well, but sat systems are expensive up front and they are legal now in Belize, but have heard that BTL wants a crackdown on sat systems as well.

Wouldn't the delay on sattelite be unbearable?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
When we used Net2phone it was but on Sat with Skype to a landline in the US there is almost no noticeable delay.

What was the delay when going Skype to Skype?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

We only Skype to Skype one person and no delay at all, crystal clear. The only time we get delay is Skype to cell in the US.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 293 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.