Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

We are getting everything ready for our move and are now trying to find a freight company that ships to Belize. This would seem simple but I have had a hard time finding one. If any of you guys have any recommendations for companies that do freight (by sea) to Belize from the UK and will take less than a whole container (this is all we seem to be able to get quotes for), please let me know either on the forum or by private message. Thanks in advance for your help...and a promise of several Belikins for a good lead.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

P
P
Bit out of date as we did it five years ago. Used a company called Express Removals or Express something or other. I can dig out the details if you need them - email me from web site. They were brilliant. Came to the house in London the day before we left & packed everything individually ie each plate cup etc crated up the bigger stuff and put it in the container outside in the street - not one thing was broken on arrival. We did however have a full (FCL?) 20 foot container. Thought we would only need partial container and probably did as some stuff is still in the boxes!!!!You can do partial containers (PCL ?)too but more agro. Has to come via Florida (Port Everglades or Fort Lauderdale from memeory, not Miami) and then on to Belize City and then here. Took a week or so. Not sure how duty works on private belongings these days but you might want to look into if you haven't - it could be a nasty surprise when they charge you big$ on arrival for your things.

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks so much. I will drop you an email. We have disposed of most of our personal belongings before leaving so the only thing that will be in this shipment are books, art materials, art and photos. We just took the last of our stuff to the charity shop this week. So hopefully, customs won't find our stuff very valuable.

www.conchcreative.com

You could fill up the rest of the container with cheese! Sounds like it would be welcomed! ha ha! wink laugh

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sharp, Barb! laugh

S
S
You wouldn't want to do a curry addict a favour would you? I'd love a box of Patak's Korma Paste, Canned Tikka Masala Sauce, Mild Curry Paste and Rogan Josh Paste and a couple of packs of assorted Pappadums. Just a couple of each and I'll be forever in your debt.

S...

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Barbara, That made me laugh. I'd be scared of being trampled in a riot when I landed it from the sound of things.

Simon, How could I turn down what sounds like a desperate man. I'll do my best.

Thanks all, and especially Casa Caracol - you guys have been a huge help.

I brought Bisto to someone we know last time we were there. Such simple things, create such happiness. (for those not in the know, Bisto is a traditional British powdered gravy mix...personally I think it is disgusting)

www.conchcreative.com

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Depending how far short of a full container you are it would make a lot of sense to ship a whole container, and get to keep the container afterwards. They're worth far more here than you would pay for a used one there. If you have a whole container it's shipped sealed to the island and opened here with you present - no pilfering. It's also a whole load quicker.

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
What do you do with the container once you've opened it? We are just renting a place and have no place for storage? Thanks for your advice.

www.conchcreative.com

There is a big market here for containers. You either use it to store your things or there will be several people asking to buy it from you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.