Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
What is the best way to explore the north end of the island? We have been to BZ and SP a couple of times and are looking at property. No offense to any realtors, but we would like to just explore on our own. Most of the golf cart rentals don't want you to go beyond Journey's End, we haven't even been that far. We've only been as far as Capricorn and Captain Morgans. We plan to make a full day of it. A bicycle is a possibility, but not preferred. Can we rent a boat for the day? I would assume that's at least a possibility. How far does the "road" go?
Do any of the cart renters allow you to go farther than Journey's End? We have some maps and are getting better ones. Thanks in advance for your help.

S
S
Northern Ambergris Caye is awesome! My favorite part of the island, besides Casa Picaso for happy hour.

Call Tony at 011-501-602-2884, he has a small skiff good for six people. He can take you on a sight seeing tour of the entire north coast. I love Basil Jones, Robles and Palm Bay - to me, the best part of what Ambergris has to offer for future development.

I use him for my friends and family's private charters.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
B
B
My wife and I have traveled up the north end three ways.

1. A gas-powered golf cart can take you pretty far (we went up about six miles past the cut, I believe). We rented ours from the place just south of the airstrip past the Palms, before you get to Island Supermarket. I don't think we were restricted to just Journey's End. I think we finally turned around only because the path was going on the beach and we weren't real comfortable with the sand traction at that point, if I recall correctly.

2. A bike ride is lots of fun if you're reasonably fit. We went up, in April, about eight miles past the cut (Tranquility Bay, or something like that, I believe). It's fun because it's slow paced, tranquil, and good exercise. It can get harder the farther up you go, because the paths are newer, and some times you have to ride on the beach, with loose sand. This was our favorite.

3. Hire a boat driver. Many of them didn't want to take us just for a ride--they wanted to do snorkel trips, which we didn't want. However, we got Chito Guerrero (sp?), whose number I no longer have but have heard his name mentioned in the posts before. I went to Karribean Water Sports and, when one of their own drivers couldn't take us, they called him. We went all the way up to Robles, and got to walk on the rocky shore where "the reef meets the shore." This option's a bit more expensive, but allows you to see the most. Plus, he'd stop anywhere we wanted him to.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks SIN, I think that's a very good suggestion.

S
OP Offline
S
More good info BZLAW, thanks. Does anyone know if the cart path does actually go all the way to maybe Salamander's? It would probably be at least a 2 hour trip one way, maybe more, I doubt you could average over 5 mph on the road without needing new kidneys. I'd love to do the bike trip, but most of the resort bikes I've seen I wouldn't trust to go that far without a flat tire or the chain breaking (or both!).

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.