Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#215390 12/05/01 12:58 PM
M
moth Offline OP
OP Offline
M
hola----looking at a walkabout sometime in march and considering some more of the top end places to crash----any info appreciated thks in advance

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Check out: Diane's Beach House at www.staycayecaulker.com

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
If you would like to rent a house and don't mind being on back street try www.caulkercabanas.com also try www.tsunamiadventures.com they have some nice places on the beach.

M
moth Offline OP
OP Offline
M
thanks very much for replies and I am in 'feeling out' mode but very interested in coming down for a mid-march walkabout NOW can anybody give me a 'good, better, best' rating for---

the lazy iquana
the iguana reef
tropical paradise
seaside cabanas

thanks in advance and everything is still open game

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Lazy Iguana is a very nice place but it is on the back of the island where sometimes the sandflies can get bad and you might want to get a bicycle. Iguana Reef is a little closer to front street and has a nice beach on the backside of the island. Both are very nice. Tropical Paradise is rite on the beach and costs a little less, you can get a room or a cabana. If it is just a place to sleep and shower you would like T.P. is your best bet, if you want something a little more Than I would stay at I.R.

M
moth Offline OP
OP Offline
M
well i am leaning towards iquana reef and thinking about the first week of march...AA has a flight for $490

stumbling around white sand streets in my footsies drinking beer sounds like heaven rite now!

H
H
It sounds like you would be happy at either of these accomodations.

Iguana Reef Inn, my personal number one pick
or
Seaside Cabanas (main building, not cabana)

Not sure where you are coming from so cannot comment on whether the airfare of $490 is any good.

Have fun!

M
moth Offline OP
OP Offline
M
thanks all.....will be lounging first of March!

R
R
Just got back from CC and had a great time at Seaside Cabanas. Of the 4 hotels you listed, this has the best location, followed by Tropical Paradise.

I really enjoyed the stand alone cabana that we had. Ask for one of the 4 in the front. The main building has larger rooms than the cabanas, and a/c, but I never needed it as there was always a breeze and a ceiling and floor fan. If in the main building be sure to get the top floor for the view and to not have walking above you. You might get some noise from the adjacent rooms. No noise problems in the cabanas.

Barbara and Sally and the rest of the staff could not have been nicer. Booked a snorkle trip, a dive trip and even a plane ticket right from the front office. I will definately go back.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Haven't been to Caulker for many years. Is the Martinez Inn still around ? Or what is it's name now? Old Mr Belly Martinez was a great guy. And is his son still on the island?
Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day