Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the bus schedule between chetemul and cancun..we are coming on the 20th but I need to know when the bus leaves chetemul..we will be going back on the 28th of January.

S
S
Grant, buses leave Chetumal for Playa and Cancun all day and most of the night......they start at 6:30AM, 8:30, 9:00, 10:30, 11:15AM, 12 Noon, 1:30PM, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30PM and continue on....

When you get into Chetumal on your trip down, check for any changes in schedules....

Plan you trip accordingly, some of the buses will be full, so allow yourself plenty of time, get off CC as early as you can...

If you have any idea as to what time you will get into Chetumal on your return trip, you can buy your ticket in advance.....

You may want to leave CC one day early and spent the night in Chetumal...

Something else, sometimes there can be a long delay at Belize-Mexico border due to the location of the "free zone".

Let me know if you need more info..

Remember to eat...... or carry something to eat and/or drink with you on the bus. There is a large store near the bus station in Chetumal.

Good Luck.....

Albert

[This message has been edited by Su_Amigo (edited 01-10-2002).]

G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
ALbert..the delay at the border..I plan to fly to corozol then take a cab to chetumal or 2 cabs..is there still a wait doing it this way...and I remember last time 6-7 years ago..we flew right from san pedro to chetumal and then switched planes to cancun...really fast..is that option still there..or has it changed??? Thanks for the bus schedule...we will be taking off a day earlier but hope to catch a bus from chetumal...hope its not too busy.

Grant

S
S
Grant, No flights between Chetumal and Belize that I know of now, I'll check some sources. There are 2 flights a day between Cancun and Chetumal and return, I don't know if they operate 7 days a week, maybe someone else will have that answer.

Taking taxis to cross the border is good, the driver may be able to help you speed things up, the problem is reentering Mexico in the afternoons, there is a free trade zone just inside Belize and a large number from Mexico do shopping there on week-ends. We have been told the wait is up to 3 hours, buses, trucks and cars, it's a 2 lane bridge, 1 each direction.

Grant, do a search in Yahoo for "getting to Belize" see if you can find a forum there to help you......

If you can get in to Chetumal early, you can get your ticket for the next day, you can buy you tickets either at the bus station downtown, near the museum. For a hotel in Chetumal, I would try the Real Azetca, also near the Museum.

What time is your flight out of Cancun? If it's not too late, you can stop in Playa and get a bus to the Airport for $7/US each.

Albert

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.