BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My bf and I would like to come to CC in August. We are planning to marry there.
Is there a priest at CC or do we have to bring him from Belize City?
We don't need luxery but romantic. Which would be the best accommodation (no TV, a/c necessary, but maybe wooden construction, hammocks, nice surroundings, not too expensive)?

We are grateful for any tips!

Trish and Sean

R
R
Yes, we have a pastor who lives right here who can help you, a Pastor Margarito Cu, If you would like some help planning the event, photos etc., (I got married here on Dec.1,2001), please feel free to contact me [email protected]
Just a thought,my hubby and I have a pontoon boat, big enough to get married on the water at the Barrier Reef! We do have regular beach weddings too. Let me know if you want help.
Allie

L
L
August is a very busy time on Caye Caulker, lots and lots of Italian tourists, not a room to be found if you don't have reservations. So, make sure you book in advance.
Oh there are laws regarding marriage in Belize, you should probably know before you come here.
The following information will assist visitors who are considering getting married in Belize:

REQUIREMENTS FOR A CIVIL or CHURCH WEDDING IN BELIZE
1. IF NEITHER OF THE PARTIES HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY MARRIED
See the next area if one or both parties have been married before

i. Fully completed marriage license application form - Notarized by a J.P.
ii. Photocopy of front 2 pages of passport and page showing arrival date into Belize.
iii. One of the parties must be in the country 3 days prior to filing the petition of the license.
2. IF EITHER PARTIES OR BOTH HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY MARRIED
ii. Photocopy of front 2 pages of passport and page showing arrival date into Belize.
iii. One of the parties must be in the country 3 days prior to filing the petition of the license.
iv. Final divorce decrees.
IF EITHER OF BOTH PARTIES IS A WIDOW OR WIDOWER
iv. Copy of death certificate.
Cost of license $105.00
All photocopies should be certified.
No fax copy for application forms are allowed.

The marriage license can be obtained from the General Registry in Belize City (501-2-77377) or at the Solicitor General's office in Belmopan (501-8-22154). The cost of the license is US$100.00

A blood test is not required.

Consent from a parent is not required if over 18 years of age.

If getting married in Belize City, the ceremony is performed by the Registrar General at the offices of the General Registry. If getting married in the districts or cayes, a Justice of the Peace would be able to perform the ceremony only at the Magistrate's Court. A Minister of Religion would also be able to perform the ceremony in the districts of cayes.

The phone numbers in the above message have changed due to the recent changeover in Belize's phone number system.

[This message has been edited by Living in Paradise (edited 05-17-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day