Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I just want to thank the women in business on the caye for the money(total $130.00 and prizes( complete weekend for three on the caye)donated towards Miss Franscesa Amado of Esperanza, Cayo District, who will be the first and only female to complete the Belize Extreme Canoe Adventure Race this weekend Sept 21-22. We are all proud of this young Belizean athlete and hope to see her and her team here on Caye Caulker for next years Round de Caye race!
Allie

M
M
Can someone list some of the "women in business" there so we visitors can thank AND spend our money to show our support for their support?

Were there any "men in business" who supported the donations? If so, we should support them, too, while vocally encouraging them to support more women athletes/sports. when a country's women are strong and healthy, supported by their people in their pursuit of their dreams, the country is strengthened (sp?) as well.

Congrats to you too, Allie, for starting up your canoe business and esp. for your representing CC in many of the canoe races in the country/on the caye. the lessons you give to the children there helps them develop canoeing skills, but also confidence and water-safety skills, not to mention good old fun!!

Visitors/locals can help support Allie's business venture by taking her canoe cruise round the island, don't forget the sunset cruise (costs xtra for sunrise cruisin'!!!). And if you've always wanted to canoe, Allie is always happy to share her skills as well as rent you a canoe. CC is a good place to learn...warm water, shallow water for those inevitable swamps of the inexperienced...and sometimes the experienced!

Allie is a pretty interesting, positive lady. A good representative of an ex-pat who adds to the island's beautiful and friendly lifestyle.

B
B
I just wanted to also say that Allie is awesome. I was in Caye Caulker about a month ago and went out on a conoe with her just before sunset and it was beautiful. Allie is one of the nicest and most sincere person I met on my trip. If you visit CC don't forget to look Allie up and take a conoe trip with her.

Brian Rodgers

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Chateau Giselle was proud to donate accommodations for a weekend for three at Chateau Giselle.

Cheers,
Wendy, Proud Woman Business Owner and Proud Sponsor of almost anything Caye Caulkanian :-)

R
R
WHEN IT COMES TO WOMENS SPORTS, I'M A REAL ATHLETIC SUPPORTER!

R
OP Offline
R
Hi and thank you for all your praises! God bless you all. Best not to compliment me too much though it tends to go to my head! LOL.

The following businesses and private persons contributed to Fransesca's Fantastic Weekend.
Chateau Giselle- Luxury house for 2 nights
Happy Lobster- Breakfast for three
Rainbow Bar and Grill- Free Pizza
Toucan Canoe- Free Rentals
Driftwood Tours- Snorkelling Tour to Reef
Cayeboard Connection- Free 1 hour internet
Rasta Pasta- T shirts
Chocolates Gifts- $50 cash
Tsunami Adventures- $20 cash
Toucan Canoe- $20 cash
Mrs. E Reyes- $20 cash
Mrs. E Ross- $20 cash
Lighthouse Icecream- $20 cash

The race was incredible by the way, my hubby and I were a chase crew for a two man team from Texas, Wow it was hard work just servicing the canoe teams all through the night,over 22 hours non stop. Next year I'll be in it on the water with an all female crew, mark my words.
We hope that Belizean businesses indeed get motivated to even up the prize discrepancies between male and female athletes. This is a great start though. I might add that many of the Caye Caulker businesses have already put up money for sponsoring canoe teams from CC and for our local Round De Caye Canoe Race. These fanastic fans repeatedly give generously everytime I ask. KUDOS to all of you who have helped us in the past two years, you know who you are! Respect and love to all
Allie

M
M
I can afford most of those businesses and will definitely give them a visit or two when I arrive! As for Chateau Giselle, I'll mention it to a few of my better-off friends.

Russ, put your money where your mouth is, and get on that list! Cute, though, I gotta admit. However, read another way, your nickname could become "jock strap!"

Allie, I highly doubt you'd develop a big head; your heart is so big, it takes up that energy. Funny how we womyn worry that our confidence in ourselves will lead to an ego trip.

As for me buddy, Joe, or as I prefer, Anthony, cool help, bro, a bit of fun wit da old woman, ay? Mommie misses ya.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day