Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#216686 09/26/02 07:05 AM
H
hjl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
two days ago some thiefs went into our house south end of caye caulker. They left some damage and stole a lot of things.

If people offer you 12V-tools like a black&decker drill, saw and sandtool orange coloured or another 12 Volt-drill or any kind of tools like saws, scewdrivers etc. or any kind of solar-equipment (little charger for batteries) or 12V-spotlight or diving-equipment like a regulator, fins, mask etc. please call the police at caye caulker.

any informations which are good to catch the thiefs or to get back some of the stolen things will be rewarded.

At the moment we have not really a overiew what else is left.

may be someone could print this above post, and tape it up on windows/doors for all to see
thanks
[This message has been edited by hjl (edited 09-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by hjl (edited 09-26-2002).]

#216687 10/15/02 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hans, is that you ?? If so, there are a lot of power tools at the police station now that have been recovered from the people who have been robbing the Southpoint who have been arrested this past weekend. If you send a list of your missing tools, etc. I can pass it along to the police. There were a lot of items from Karen & Darrell's house and from Rod's house, maybe some of your stuff is there too.

#216688 10/15/02 02:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Mary Jo, who were these guys?

#216689 10/16/02 10:32 AM
H
hjl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi Mary Joe,
thanks for the information. Today I got the following news from LOVE FM Radio Station

> POLICE NEWS
Four suspects, including two women, have been arrested in connection with a series of alleged burglaries in Caye Caulker Village. Yesterday, police charged Guatemalans 28-year old Jesus Aquilino, 19-year old Hugo Lionel Lopez with burglary and handling stolen property. Belizeans 27-year old Elena Valle and 29-year old Elma Caliz have also been arrested and charged with handling stolen property. Police say over the past month, they received numerous reports of burglaries in the South Point area of the island. Items reportedly stolen are valued at 11 thousand dollars. Police say that at least 90 percent of the stolen items have been recovered. Police in Caye Caulker thanks residents of the island in helping to solve the crime.

The most important things they stole were a orange-coulored black&decker 12Volt-Tool, a blue 12Volt tape-recorder with cd, a blue bike Beach-Cruiser "Hurrican" (the same kind which sea-shell-giftshop opposite of the police-station is renting out), a black power-spot-light 12Volt with a yellow stripe. And also some smaller tools which I can not descripe. 2 solar-charger for batteries - black with a little solar-panel at the top.

I already asked a friend to check out at the police-station if there is some of our things. But if you could pass the list allong would be very kind.

Thank you and see you in february.
hans and annette

#216690 10/16/02 06:23 PM
H
H
Hooray! Chalk one up for the good guys.

#216691 10/16/02 07:37 PM
R
R
HI there, I printed out this page for the police and I will take it over there. If there is anything of yours I will let you know, but things will probably be tied up in evidence until the trial. Good luck getting it all back, soory to hear about allthe thefts, glad to hear they found the li circle involved.
Allie

#216692 10/17/02 04:08 AM
H
hjl Offline OP
OP Offline
H
this morning I got an email from a friend Oscar, who takes care for our house. he checked at the police station, some of the stolen stuff is there, so we will get it back soon. Unfortunately some of it are damaged, because the thieves are stupid, they used the 12V-tools by 110V.
Anyway is good to see that the caye caulker police is good working.
hans

[This message has been edited by hjl (edited 10-17-2002).]

#216693 10/18/02 11:13 AM
R
rds Offline
R
I would like to thank all the people of caye caulker and the police for helping to arrest the idividuals involved in the south point break-ins. It really shows that cooperation togetther can bring positive results. This is the first time in 12 years that my home has been invaded. This one incident does not change my trust or friendship for the people of the caye and of Belize. Almost 80% of my things were recovered from the burglary. The only things yet missing are some deep-sea fishing lures. They are called Manns Stretch 25 or 30+. Also Green and Red lures that are tubes of plastic called surge lures. These lures are very distinct and easy to spot. If anyone has seen them or does see them I would appreciate letting me know where they were seen. My email is [email protected]. I just learned of this site from a friend. It is a great idea. I will be seeing all of you soon. Peace, Rod Stamm

#216694 10/20/02 11:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Rod:

Nice to see you discovered the message board. Don't be a stranger now. What's going on with you these days?

Cheers,
Wendy A.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day