Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21678 10/02/06 08:34 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I have just got back from a 2 week holiday in Belize City. While I totally enjoyed it, one of the things that I found disturbing was the condition of many of the animals I encountered. I saw horses, dogs and cats that were all very thin or badly cared for.
I did try while in the city to find out about animal charities that I might make a donation to, but while there seem to be many for wild animals I couldnt find any for domestic ones.
I was told that there may be one on Caye Caulker and if so I'd like to know about it.
If anyone can put me in touch I'd love to give some money.
Bobarella

There is a humane society in Belize City. There is a lot of new,vibrant members and I think that you will start seeing some difference in the animals in the city in short order.

I'll look for the contact info and send it to you.

There are many good human beings all over Belize working in their local areas to help pets like me. The Belize City Humane Society can be contacted at
BHSAS
P.O. Box 443
Belize City, Belize
Central America

They have a website at http://www.belize-ecotours.com/humane/

You can find out about the Humane Society on Ambergris Caye who help animals on the Island by logging into //www.ambergriscaye.com/sagasociety/ or read about my adventures as a Canine Nurse at the SAGA Society and keep up with local gossip at http://nursemelly.blogspot.com

Thanks for caring about us. xx Wags, Woofs and Winks, Nurse Melly

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."Anonymous

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you all for the information I will be totally happy to make a donation.

Im not judging the people of Belize in anyway either, after hearing about the money that some live on I can see why feeding the animal comes after feeding the family, but I just want to help a little.

Take care

Bobarella

B
OP Offline
B
Ok Nurse Melly, all done - I have just sent a little something. You are a lovely looking dog now arent you!

I have just taken in a young stray male kitten myself at home in the UK, his name is Kasper and he is lovely, but a little bit naughty, he has just started going into my neighbours home through the catflap, and eating their dogs food! Some training needed there I think.

Wishing you all the best in all your work, and I have also printed out the donation form for the Belize City animal charity.

Take care

Bob x

bobarella,

Thank you very much. The dogs and cats of Belize are meowing and woofing their thanks as I type with my furry fingers. As for your kitty, Kasper - he sounds too smart. I'm glad he doesn't live next door to me ....grrrrr.

Wags, Woofs and Winks,

Nurse Melly

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."Anonymous

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.