Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#2165 10/16/06 12:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Headed out to the Great State of Texas for a weekend of fun with a collection of message board friends. Arrived 6 am Saturday morning, picked up at the airport by TQ. Interestingly enough, she had a cup of Starbucks in her hand and complained it tasted burnt! HA! We headed straight for the grocery store to pick up coffee beans and half & half. Tried to buy wine, but it was too early. Strange rules those Texans have. Headed to TQ's, had large quantities of coffee and we were ready to face a nice, sunshiny Texan day.

TQ drove me all around Houston, showing me all of the important sights: Slick Willies (their motto is "We're your family pool hall" confused ), the Enron building, gas at $1.97 (now THAT'S something we don't have in California!), and beautiful old neighborhoods with gorgeous brick houses - also not many of those in CA. She also pointed out several adult novelty stores, but we only had so much time for shopping.

We headed downtown for the Bayou City Art Festival, where all manner of things were passed off as art - and there was some actual art. We saw some beautiful photographs of Belize and spent not quite enough time talking to the very cute photographer/artist. Found a booth with a wide variety of leather goods, so I was required to add to my collection. (lovey, wish you could have seen this stuff! wink ) Stopped by the Starbucks booth for a free sample of maple latte something and agreed is was worth exactly what we paid for it.

Left as the place was starting to get crowded and our parking meter was nearing expiration and headed to another artsy part of town for a very yummy lunch! Called Hiz Honor and made tentative plans for Sunday brunch. Bit more sight seeing and home for a wee little nap.

Drove out to meet Gay & David and Windjammer. Were hosted by the Yorks on their new yacht, which we firmly believe should be christened the Love Shack!! Hosts with the Most that they are, Gay had a large quantity of margaritas mixed, an ice chest full of cold beer and lots of tastey snacks. David is an excellent Captain and we got the grand tour of the bay, drank some margaritas and beer, tooled around the lake, drank some margaritas and beer, looked at some beautiful houses, drank some margaritas and beer ... well, you get it. Oh yeah, at some point we also ate some snacks. smile As night fell the weather got a bit nippy so we headed to the York mansion. Got the grand tour, fought off the attack parrot, walked down their pier and saw one of their other yachts, viewed the pool by starlight and then gathered in the kitchen to prepare a few more beverages.

Windjammer was kind enough to bring the DVD of her jump from last year's Boogie in Belize, so we all gathered in the living room where we devoted a not insubstantial amount of time to searching for the answer to that age-old question: How many Texans does it take to hook up a DVD player?!? Eventually David grew exasperated taking direction from so many females, and the so many females were exhausted from laughing so hard, so we abandoned the DVD hook-up efforts and moved upstairs to where there was a working DVD player. Well, at least it was a working DVD player before David got ahold of the remote! :rolleyes: We did finally get to see Windjammer's skydive and it was so good we watched it two times, or was it three? However many times it was, it was precisely the right amount of times to confirm to me the fact that I made the right decision in electing to be the official wallet holder at next year's event!

At some point, and it was at some point in the morning hours, TQ and I made our way back to Houston. I just want to note for the record that I left the kitchen very clean! TQ is such a gracious hostess that she stopped drinking considerably before I did so that she'd be ready to drive. After a few hours of sleep and many cups of coffee we were ready for another day of revelry. We called Hiz Honor, but his anti-social calendar must have been overbooked again, because we were not able to meet up for brunch. We lazed around and then headed to Coyote Café, a southwestern restaurant, where I had an absolutely wonderful steak-stuffed chile relleno. They also had the best mix of tortilla and veggie chips - YUM!!! It was pouring rain for most of the day, which made for a perfect lazy Sunday afternoon. Took TQ's beautiful daughter (like mother, like daughter smile ) to Barnes & Noble and picked out plenty of books. Headed home, lazed away the afternoon with lots of good conversation and some more napping, and I am now the proud owner of an original TQ's daughter piece of artwork. It hangs in a place of honor on my refrigerator right this very minute!!

All good things must come to an end, so packed up and headed for the airport. Easy flight home and another weekend of fun memories. Next trip: Napa!! TQ, start clearing that calendar, girl! wink

#2166 10/16/06 05:44 AM
Great report Law! Funnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Quick trip too, seems like it took almost as much time to write the report an you were able to spend, but not nearly as much fun me thinks!

That DVD tale cracks me up! Poor D!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#2167 10/16/06 07:14 AM
RMT Offline
Ah great report Law! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and packed a lot in. How come E wasn't around this trip??? confused ( was it because his bookie supposedly had him by the *****???)

#2168 10/16/06 08:52 AM
Great post ,A true living the dream Weekend.. but watch the using of the name [love shack ] that is patented and trade mark of none other than me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My modest digs in sanpedro is sacred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But Nappa sounds like fun... Maybe I will buy A Vinyard and we can have a party ,And have drinks on me..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#2169 10/16/06 09:22 AM
I can manage it! In a prior life had a 27 acre gent farm with at least 15 grapevines! laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#2170 10/16/06 12:08 PM
ok, i found the trip report.

i sure enjoyed your visit. the mister said he never knew that 4 women in his bed would be like that. i thanked him for being such a good sport & for taking such estrogen induced abuse. he said it was a pleasure!

just how many texans does it take to hook up a dvd player. WE THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD NEVER KNOW! Mister york fixed us up finally.

glad you had a safe return home. as you can see, we welcome all kinds of foreign folks here at the york manor. even those gorgeous california girls.
cool

#2171 10/16/06 12:11 PM
ps: the attitude of the parrot is not representative of his owner. (unless i don't like you) laugh

#2172 10/16/06 01:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi, Gay! Thanks again for your warm Texan hospitality to this Ca gal! I had the best visit and will be back soon. In the meantime, ya'll need to come out this way! smile

#2173 10/19/06 07:21 AM
(jane makes pouty face) i wish i had the means to be able to do stuff like that. maybe in my next life.

sounds like much fun and comradery (sp?), tq, gay AND law, i would SO have loved to join you all.

love, jane

#2174 10/19/06 08:13 AM
It was fun & the York's are always great hosts. smile

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.