Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#217605 09/02/03 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I understand there was a major fire desaster in caye caulker last week. But what I don't understand is, were was Roger Martinez the so called Police man. Doesn't he charge for security? Well if he was somewere doing security he shure saw people on the streets at that time. So if he still does security he should be of some help to the Investigation.

#217606 09/03/03 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I would like to take this opportunity to respond to the above email. If you are going to write anything, please learn how to spell, and sign your name.

Firstly, the way my security services work is every 15 to 20 minutes I do random check on several places which means I can not be at all places at all times.

Secondly, I am a full fledge Police Constable and anybody who wants to know more information about me can call and verify at the Caye Caulker Police Station 226-0179.

On the night of the fire, my people and myself were working and we were checking the places beginning from 10:30 that night. Again the Caye Caulker Police have our statements on record of the events of the night.

I charge a small fee of $50 bz per week since I do random checks, if I or any of my workers were to stand there all night as security, the fee would be considerably more than $50/week.

Let it be known that I personally have caught people breaking into other establishments in the past under this same security scheme. The person was convicted. I also help a lot of tourists who sometimes leave their money bag or valuable outside rooms when they go to bed forgetful.

So please don't be so quick to judge me when you don't know the circumstances.

If you are so sure that I am a "so called Police Officer" don't make the mistake of committing an offence in my presence or you will find out otherwise quickly.

#217607 09/03/03 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I also believe there was a black out that night and that is probably why the culprits struck and were hard to see.

#217608 09/04/03 02:20 PM
N
N
Good Going Roger! As I understand it regular security cost from $ 4 dollars to $6.50 an hour not including overtime. $50.00 per week is just a fraction of what this would add up to.

none

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day