BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We were down in Caye Caulker 2001...loved it, stayed at the Seaside Cabanas..and Maras, went diving with Frenchies, weather was Great in Feb then...just wondering whats happened the last couple years on the Island..more places to stay it seems like...still the guy from Winnipeg with the beard running the split bar??? how is the split..any changes there..if anyone can let me know whats been happening latley there...thanks Grant [email protected]

G
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline
G
someone must have a update or two???

C
C
Here's a recap:
A new concrete musicipal peir was built on the west side of the island.
A new, beautiful, water taxi peir was built on the front side of the island replacing the old one, it just opened last month
Seaside Cabanas is in the process of being rebuilt
The split is being managed by Big George now and Castaway Bob is running the kitchen, so you can count on great food
De Real Macaw is new, or if they existed before, they have added on
Auxillou Beach Suites is new on the beachfront
Tina's backpacker hostel has moved to a beachfront location and is now Tina's Guesthouse
Diane's Beach House has added a nice courtyard to the front of their property
Rasta Pasta opened and is serving up really great food
Habaneros Restaurant opened in the building that used to be the BTL office on the main 4 corners
Caye Caulker Condos has been built at the site where Tina's Backpacker Hostel used to be.
Treetops has added a 3rd floor with 2 honeymoon suites and a rooftop palapa for wedding ceremonies.
Jaguar Morningstar Guesthouse added a private cabana to their property and their garden is now all grown up and lovely.
Chan's Apartments were finished and are now spacious 1 and 2 bedroom, fully furnished apartments available for rent by the week.
There are several new little gift shops. One is called Tres Angelinas and is located in the same space as Transcendence Healing Center, they make their own aromatherapy oils and perfumes (right here on Caye Caulker)
Raggamuffin Tours is a new tour company offering a 3 day sailing trip to PLacencia, along with other snorkel tours and trips.

There are too many changes to write them all. I'm sure that I've missed many. The most important thing is that Caye Caulker is working hard to maintain its fishing village charm, but offer more services to its residents and visitors. If anyone else has anything to contribute, feel free....

Things that have stayed the same
Miss Marla is still selling rice & beans & stewed chicken
Dennis Wolfe is still performing live at the Oceanside on Friday nights and DJ Patch is still doing karoke on Saturday nights.
Miss Marie is still doing the laundry on Middle Street
Syds still has some of the best foods deals in town
The China Restaurant is now called something else (can't remember the name) but still has $5 fried chicken
The art gallery is still there, representing local Belizean artists, but the building was painted purple
Cindy's Cafe is still serving up the best French roast coffee for breakfast on Caye Caulker (in my opinion)
Juni and Chocolate are still doing their own uniqe tours.
Paradise Down is still doing the Blue Hole dive trip, and so is Belize Dive Services
The Rainbow Grill & Bar still cooks up a wonderful grilled fish dinner and the Sandbox still has great macaroni & cheese.
I'm sure I'll think of more things later.

S
S
Wow Lee,

You are good.

One correction: Belize Diving Services no longer does the Blue Hole, although they still do all the other dive spots.

As for add ons...can't think of any. I am still impressed by your re-count.

Wow.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day