Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#218183 06/27/04 02:49 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I like to start a new life in Caye Caulker , Belize with my family ( husband and daughter) .Please advise me what can I do for this ? Also I need to know the prices for rent a house for long period.
Tell me please about the jobs there. My qualification is in medicinal massage and my husband is mechanical engineer.
I wait impatiently your answer

#218184 06/30/04 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I think that is a bit harsh ... 2 months. I don't think so. Like anywhere in the world, one needs to aware of what is going on around them. The bigger question is getting work permits. You need to find a sponsor / contact person. Make sure this IS what you want to do. Living on an island and not changing living habits can be EXPENSIVE, electricty is expensive ... so a/c in a house can cost a bunch of bucks. Can't eat out all the time either ... might need to do some fishing etc. It is a different life style...which can be good or bad .. all depends on the person. We are all different. I know i could live there and love it. But i would need a/c every so often just to cool off during the really hot months.

Good luck on your adventure

#218185 07/01/04 07:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"a haven for theives and drug dealers?" is there no law enforcement on the island? i was even thinking of buying some beachfront property there myself but if i cannot protect my family then whats the point?

#218186 07/01/04 09:43 AM
C
C
I would come and spend 6 months here and in other places in Belize before committing to moving permanently. Island life isnt for everyone. Crime exists everywhere in the world and you need to use common sense just like you would at home.

#218187 07/01/04 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yes, i would certainly agree. with all respect please, i will ask again: is there no law enforcement on caye caulker? how would one protect ones family? i have visited there and found it lovely, however that was 2 years ago... please advise kindly.

#218188 07/01/04 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
lets take a bite out of crime!

#218189 07/01/04 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Yes, of course there are police on the island. Crime isn't any worse on the island than anyplace else in Belize. It sure is a lot better than Belize City...for true.

You need to spend some time on the island. Make up your OWN mind. Talk to the people.

Good Luck ... life is an adventure, not a guided tour afterall

#218190 07/05/04 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
When planning to live in Caye Caulker, I believe that lots of things will have to be considered in terms of jobs etc. I just need to point out that as compared to other countries, we are living in a good country so it is not so nice to actually blurt out that Caye Caulker is a haven for criminal matters.

Have a heart!!

#218191 07/11/04 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I had a heart. Caye Caulker took it away. It left when I learned that the moral integrity of the men can totally disrespect the what most people hold dear. Husban, watch your wife. Wife watch your back. As far as law enforcement, thieves wear many different clothings. I agree, come to the island. See things as they are. The caye is everthing there is in the world good and bad. If you came to make money there is a saying. To make a small fortune in Belize, bring a big one.

#218192 07/12/04 06:55 PM
S
S
Dimples is a pessimist with personal problems. Personal [Man / Woman] relationships have nothing to do with life in Caye Caulker or anywhere else in the world, thus the term 'personal'.

Caye Caulker is an ideal destination to retire, however, I agree with other posts, (a) it is not for everyone (b) if you want to make a small fortune here, bring a big one...

What Caye Caulker offers is a personal (if not so private) life - quality of life. There is excellent balance here: excellent lifestyle at affordable costs. So you don't really need the small or large fortune, if your focus is on living a good 'quality of' life.

I'm happy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day