Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'll be in Caye Culker for the first time this winter, and wonder which is the best way to get there from Belize City, feeder flight or water taxi. I've been told the pilots of the small planes will fly in weather they shouldn't be up in, and I've also been told the water taxi is a brutal trip. If you've taken the trip, I would appreciate any imput. Thanks

B
B
Hi Jan!

D
D
Jan;
If the weather is questionable for flight, the water taxi will probably be rough. Time and $$ should be your diciding factors. The school kids take the water taxi everyday. Come and enjoy the island.
Cheers,
Dan

Lets pray "Earl" takes a slightly more Northern course.

S
S
So much fear...

Relax.

How many times do you get in your car and drive the freeways? Isn't car accidents the leading cause of death in America?

Take a chill pill.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thanks Dan, looking forward to our trip a lot. And thanks to you too sunshine, don't worry, I'm chilled...just looking for info

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
The flight is a great experience. They fly about 150 feet off the clear blue water.Cost about US$40. You can see large fish sometimes. The boat passes through a dozen other Cayes on the way. You see dolphins or mannatees at times. We like both trips so much that I often take the plane coming in and the boat going out just for enjoyment.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Thanks for the response Key cocker. I think I have decided on the plane, although both modes of transportation sound nice. It was a hard choice to make, but I figured that I would be spending some quality time in boats throughout the 2 weeks we are there, so I should take the plane in and out. I'm really looking forward to some laid back time.

N
N
Actually they fly 1500m feet above and not 150

none

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.