Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#21929 08/01/00 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hey everyone. i wanted to mention volleyball 'cause i love to play (drunk or sober!). i hear Fido's has a court, but does anyone really play there? i would LOVE to be able to play V-ball while my husband dives. i'm staying at JE which has a court, but dont know if theres enough people to get a game up. Anyone??????

#21930 08/01/00 03:04 PM
JE used to have an activity director, and if they still do, make it known to him, and he will get a match together for you.

Dare To Deviate
#21931 08/01/00 04:06 PM
This volleyball thing..is that like running, and sweating under the hot sun trying to bat a round black and white gourd like thing over a crab net? Good Grief! Sounds like a LOT of fun.

Jane, you really need to work on it this way...hubby goes diving...you go lay in a breezy hammock, or have a very cold adult beverage (time of day matters not), better yet do both. When "Jacques Cousteau" returns you are well rested and more fully capable of handling the "stresses" of another arduous afternoon in SP. That would include dining, napping, enjoying the juice of the cane and meeting interesting characters.

When you are tempted to bat that funny ball or (heaven forbid...jog) remember just how soon it will be before you return to the kiddies and start chasing around for real.

Have fun.

#21932 08/01/00 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ahhhh,choochoo, you hear i like the cane juice! But me, jog, yeah right! belize me, i will be doin' plenty of that chillin' on the beach thing, hubby or no hubby. Plus, if you really know how to play vball, there is not much exertion involved. however, i cant hold my drink while i play (maybe i need one of those beer hats!). it is a great way to meet nice people, and i cant seem to play it without a big smile on my face [Linked Image]

thanks too, chloe. i'll do that.

#21933 08/01/00 06:00 PM
The best volleyball game I have seen was at JE. This huge military British helicopter landed, and about 10 good looking guys disembarked with their commander, his lovely wife and two drop dead beautiful daughters. These ladies were built, all changed to bikinis and speedos. They played VB, the ladies really played well, and they had a definite advantage, the guys did not have their eye on the Vollyball. Then the guys went out on the helicopter, and proformed sea resuces very close to JE, and that was great action to watch also, then they would come in and play more VB. It was a great afternoon watching the action. Just think about it, these were their commanders daughters, so they had to keep a civil tongue, and try not to let the beautiful distractions lose the game for them. Jane if only those guys would be at JE you would have the best game ever, by the way that was in August that year. LOL

Dare To Deviate
#21934 08/01/00 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
chloe...too funny! this time i'd not be paying attention to the ball!! i think though, the girls might have me physically intimidated. i've had two kids and 35s behind me...plus i play okay, but i'm no athelete.

maybe i could take some private lessons from those brittish soldiers- ha ha

#21935 08/01/00 09:17 PM
Jane, I've been alot of places and seen alot of things, but really those soldiers and those lovely ladies, looked like a really good Hollywood movie. Right the soldiers were all great looking and in great shape.
My husband sat with me, and watched the game too, can't image why. LOL Then at the end of the day, they all suited up, and the ladies put on their street clothes, and flew off in that big military helicopter, that shook the ground. It was great.

Dare To Deviate
#21936 08/01/00 11:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
when last ther in '93, our surreal military experience was after climbing the almost trecherous way to the top of xunantunich in the rain, we were surprised to see a group of brittish soldiers, laying down aiming rifles at the jungle. guatamalan thieves and rebels they told us. okay...we said. didnt see any though. was the weirdest thing. just dont happen here. none of them were wearing speedos or bikinis.

#21937 08/02/00 08:46 AM
J
J
Jane,
Just wanted to mention Paradise Villas, I played VB there quite a few times when I was in San Pedro in March. I wasn't staying there, but there was always someone wanting to play. Another bonus was that the bar was right next ot the court, so there's somewhere to put your drink!

#21938 08/02/00 01:06 PM
I DID stay at Paradise Villas, and there was a game going on almost everyday. It was fun to watch from the dock. Many looked like local teens and young people, but there sure were having a wonderful time. When all were hot and sandy, they all ran down the dock and leaped into the sea. Don't know who puts the games together, but it would be worth wandering down the beach for!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.