Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#219631 07/16/05 08:10 PM
A
OP Offline
A
For up to date information on how Hurricane Emily is affecting Caye Caulker, please go to the Belize Hurricane Net Message Board at //ambergriscaye.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=7&DaysPrune=1000&submit=Go

Sincerely,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
A
OP Offline
A
In response to doogan's question in the thread below, most of Caye Caulker has already been evacuated. A steady stream of islanders and tourists left on the water taxi all day today. Caye Caulker is pretty much deserted, except for a few of us still here.

Belize is curretly under a Phase 2 (Hurricane Watch).

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
C
C
I'll be open for coffee tomorrow morning. Its true, Caye Caulker is like a ghost town I counted 5 tourists this afternoon. It looks like hurricane Emily will skate by way north of us.

D
D
And just where do I get this coffee?

CC. is sea level any storm surge will definitely do some damage. Stay safe, and wear your life vest. At least keep your head above water.

C
C
The best coffee, smoothies and cookies are at Caribbean Colors Art Gallery, right next to the police station.
It looks like we're going to be out of the storm's path, hurray!

D
D
Lee / Wendy,

What's the damage if any so far? Tide rose, sea grass, my little office in front of DBHouse still standing?

Glad it didn't hit us, but it is still early in the hurricane season. Guess it is a Test on preparedness for us, eh?

Cheers,
Diane

A
OP Offline
A
Dee:

Up to 3:00 p.m. Belize time today Sunday, the storm has had no impact on CC. However, Emily is scheduled to come ashore tonight. The weather is already starting to get gloomy and haunted and the choppiness of the water is already picking up. It's just beginning to make landfall now and we will not know just how much effect it will have on us until much later.

Cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites www.auxilloubeachsuites.com

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
C
C
The breeze seems to be coming from the west, the tide is pretty low with the occasional wave coming ashore. Nothing significant so far, its 7:40 p.m. I just saw the satelite images from the wunderground website http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200505_sat.html and even though we are in the storm, it looks like we are outside of the high wind area. Wendy's right, it was kinda spooky this afternoon as the storm approached, we could see it out there moving towards us.

F
F
If you do get hit I'll come down and help with the rebuilding efforts. The
GOES 5 bird,23,000 miles up, shows the eye over Cancun. Oh well I 'll come on down anyway.

A
OP Offline
A
C'mon down, everyone, especially our friends in the Yucatan area affected by the storm. Caye Caulker has been unaffected by the storm and we stand by ready to receive any friends and visitors.

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day