Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
S.Padre Island Tx is 25 miles from my house, so I went there this weekend, trying to convince myself, that it is much like Ambergris, and the Carribbean Sea God jumped up and put a piece of wood in my way, tripping me, and I did a three point landing on two skinned knees and left elbow, so I am convinced Ambergris is Best, and just lucky the Sea God didn't let me break a bone in the fall. Proves I am a tough old lady.LOL
I was only drinking TWO DOG beer, which is a lemonade brew, so I was not Drunk, until after the fall. LOL

Dare To Deviate
Chloe.....You are truly a character. And also a nut. But a very nice nut. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. Was in South Padre a few weeks before we left for Ambergris. We thought it was paradise until we got to San Pedro as well. The pits to ruin your own "percieved" paradise isn't it? Was out in the gulf this past weekend, boating, and my son wanted to know why the water didn't look like Belize...... What do you say??? Went to pick up a pack of renegade film at the photo lab, and the last few pictures were of San Pedro. Howl, groan and pout. I'm so homesick.!!! Ruined my day. Love to you and the boo boos on your knees. Hope they heal quick! Debbie

Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
Debbie, I sat on the beach too, looking at the gulf water, and it was beautiful as gulf water goes, but not at all like the carribbean. Carribbean is magical.
I do not know what our problem is, we live on this beautiful gulf, and long to be on San Pedro. San Pedro is like a lover just calling you back all the time.

Dare To Deviate
J
J
Chloe, that's the best description I've heard about San Pedro!! That's exactly how it feels. I try to get back at least two or three times a year, and am planning an extended trip next year. Thanks to all you regulars on this board who make San Pedro seem just a little closer!

Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
Jenn you have now joined the "Wanna be's" too. When Chickie gets that tattoo parlor set up, they can develop a special tattoo for we people crazy for San Pedro. LOL

Dare To Deviate
I'm sorry ta hear of ya fall from grass. Ya shouldn't be smoking that stuff! Did ya have a nice trip? LOL Ya gots to come back ta San Pedro soon, as it seems that ya can't keep up with da fast pace at Padre Island. LOL. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill the fast pace on SPI was the problem. SPI has paved streets, that was the problem.
San Pedro with sand street, one can fall and not get hurt. LOL Man I have sore spots in placing I did not know I had, til now.

Dare To Deviate
C
C
Chloe, you are so right about the water. We were raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and after seeing the beautiful colors of the Caribbean Sea I think we grew up swimming in old bath water!!LOL

Robin Holder
P
P
I'm planning a trip to AC for September and I would like some input from you veterans as to where I should stay. My wife and I will be celebrating our 1st annaversary. I would like a place with A/C and a fresh water pool. I would like to keep lodging expenses under $150/day.

By the way, SPI is my old stomping ground.

"There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like a complete idiot." Wright
Chloe Offline OP
OP Offline
First of all you have to decide, stay in town or stay north or south of town at a resort. Each has it's own special appeal.
I have done both and loved both. My last trip I stayed at Sunbreeze across from the airport. It had what we needed fresh water pool and close to everything. Price on all depends on the time of year. But you sure can keep it under the $150.00 per night.
Magnum Belize tours has packages including air fares, room ,tours of ruins, snorkeling or diving. For June we paid $869. p/p for 6 nights.
So you left that pot hole from stomping on SPI that I fell in. LOL I was by Louie's Backyard. Have fun on Ambergris Belize.
Fido's is the San Pedro's Louie's.

Dare To Deviate

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.