Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#219787 10/11/05 12:53 PM
C
cutrat Offline OP
OP Offline
C
When we went to Caye Caulker in January we had to pay to use the bathrooms. Does anyone know if there is a bathroom at the split and does it cost? we have three children so using the bathroom happens alot.

#219788 10/12/05 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
If your a customer no charge to use bathrooms

#219789 10/12/05 10:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I was born and raised in CC, and I spent many days in or near the water. Consequently, I too had times when I needed the bathroom. However, I never would give up the sheer beauty of being in the water just to go ashore to use a bathroom.

If I needed to "take a leak", well...I just let it rip in the water. I don't think you would disagree with me on that.

If I needed to "take a crap", well...I would just swim into an area where I was mostly alone, let my swim trunks down, and let it rip. No need to worry about wiping...the water did the job.

Oh...but I forgot...I'm a native islander. This is how we managed. Of course, in today's modern society one would not dare think about such "primitive" lifestyle, especially when there is the luxury/comfort of a toilet that WASTES a few gallons of water with each flush.

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Let it Rip!

#219790 10/13/05 12:16 PM
S
S
Great advice Baan-Ya....that's one way to discourage tourists from visiting! Once people started getting e-coli related illnesses, or giardia, CC will become one of those places where people won't want to even snorkel at, fearing water getting into their mouths. Yuck....please keep that type of insight to yourself. I'd rather not know, if ya know what I mean...No brown trout for me, thank you very much...

#219791 10/13/05 12:18 PM
C
cutrat Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the advice. Can any one tell me more about the split, are there bathrooms, restaurants? Do you think that little children would like it? Can they play in shallow water? Also does anyone know more about the water taxi's that would come from where the cruise ships dock? (Can we walk from where the tender drops us off, cost etc...?) Thanks for any help anyone can give!!

#219792 10/13/05 04:51 PM
C
C
Yes the Lasy Lizard has bathrooms. I'm not sure if it is serving food now or not. A couple of great places for lunch are the Rainbow Grill and the Sandbox. The swimming is the best at the split, although if the kids are real little, there's no real beach for them to crawl around. Its about 1/2 mile walk from the main peir to the split.
--Lee

#219793 10/13/05 09:32 PM
C
C
cutrat...

I never reply to these kinds of posts, or write here very much at all. But its cute how you're worried about taking your family to the split...

Take your kids to the spit... they'll play in the shallow water, and use the bathroom, and everything will be alright. Lee's made good suggestions for lunch.

Its an easy walk from the tender's dock, to the water taxi. Just make a left. Keep an eye out for a guy with a giant snake around his neck. He's not a kook, he's a scientist, called Smits. Stop and talk with him.... he'll even let your kids hold the snake, if they want to. My grandparents' friends took their family on a cruise to Belize, and all the kids could talk about was Smits and his snakes (one little girl was enhtralled, and the other was terrified)

water taxi rates & schedule are at www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com . If one of the kids is to small to handle the half mile walk to split, once you reach caye, you can get a ride for maybe $3.

If I see a family with three kids by the split in January, I'll say hi, in case its you.

#219794 10/14/05 12:01 AM
F
F
skubakat
The water is full of fish, fish crap.
Read about litoral drift, ocean currents, your not in a lake. Nothin but the beautiful Carribean with islands set like jewels upon the sea.
See you soon

#219795 10/14/05 12:24 PM
C
cutrat Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for all your help, now my husband and I just need to decide if were going to caye caulker or doing something else in Belize. But thanks again!!!

#219796 10/17/05 11:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
cutrat: Do yourself and family a favor go to Ambergris - more civilized - give CC another 10 years to "mature". Rykat

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 271 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day