Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#219946 11/30/05 02:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm on my way to Caye Caulker and I really want to do a snorkeling tour by sail boat. However, I have heards many mixed comments regarding sailing trips with Sea Hawk and Raggamuffin, comments have ranged from 'disgusting, don't go with them' to 'fantastic, it was a great day'. Just wondering if anyone has any comments, advice, suggestions or recommendations regarding sailing trips and names of any other sailing trip operators on the island.

Never been on Sea Hawk. I have been on Ragga tours and charters and have always had a great time. I highly recommend them. The staff are really fun and the boats are kept in great condition. The half/full day snorkel trips to Hol Chan are probably your best bet.

O
O
We did the fullday snorkel/sail trip with Raggamuffin last March and had a great time and plan on using them again when we return. They were professional and fun.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I spent two weeks on the island in August and I have had personal experience with both Sea Hawk and Raggamuffin Tours. The Captain of Sea Hawk (Big Steve they call him) is more interested in the ladies than his tour and he became agressive when I turned down his advances after taking his trip. Similar to the last post, however, I found the Raggamuffin staff both professional and highly knowledgable whilst making the trip fun and worth my money. Perhaps people have had other experiences but this is my own!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Don't miss Juni Tours on Trinity.He is the real deal. Across from the basketball court.Ragamuffin is a party as well.

C
C
Raggamuffin is going to be your best bet. Bobby and Steve are less than what you might want to deal with.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I did few snorkel trips with different shops during my numerous visits to the island. I agree, Raggamuffin are fantastic,and I heard trips with Juni are great too. I had also done a trip with Sea Hawk and similar to a previous comment, the tour guide, was more interested in getting it on with the female tourist than conducting the trip. I guess that is why the group was mainly young females. If you indicated 'I'm not interested', then the 'extra special attention' stops eventually and you might as well not exist on the trip. To be fair he isn't the only tour guide that has the same 'agenda' with the tourist women, there are many others out there, Harry, Ian to name a few. But then again you can't blame the guides totally, there are a lot of women who just want to get it on with them too. Sad to know that most these guides have a girlfriend/wife that live on the island and probably these women have a partner back home as well. Takes all types to make a world, each to their own. But don't let this stop you from going on a trip, you are there to enjoy yourself and to enjoy the island, it has so many good things to offer. Just ignore these'schoolboys and their behaviour' and make the most of your vacation, have fun sailing and snorkeling!

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oops I'll try my reply again.
Caye Caulker is a fantastic place, and I have had many visits there and been on quite a few snorkel trips. Raggamuffin are great and Juni as well. I do have to agree with previous comment regarding Sea Hawk and the guide, he did seem more interested in getting it on with the girls than conducting the tour.When I was on their trip I also indicated I wasn't interested and straight away that 'you are so special'attention stopped and you might as well have not been on the tour at all. To be fair he is not the only tour guide out there who has women as his main agenda while doing a tour, there ar

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day