Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#220007 12/20/05 08:50 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Someone told me I can get a water taxi from S.I. to CC ,but S.I. is inland so this confuses me. Looking for a reasonable way to get to CC that doesn't take so long. Thanks!

M
M
Sistah Linda you are correk! San Ignacio *is inland. You can only catch a water taxi from Belize City, Marine Terminal. You *may have to take a bus from San Ignacio to Belmopan and then transfer to a Belize City bound bus.

The water taxis leave from Marine Terminal a few times a day. I believe the latest departs about 4:30pm. It's a 40 minute one way ride to Caulker, an hour to Pedro. It is the bomb ride (bomb as in beautiful and big blue sea and sky).

blessed journey!

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks girl! How long is the bus ride approximately from San Ignacio to Belize City? Do you think it might be wise to fly right from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
There is no airline service from San Ignacio to Belize City.

L
OP Offline
L
Looks like I'm taking a bus of some sort from S.I to Marine Terminal. Are there various qualities of buses, or faster buses than others? And what is the cost? Do I need to reserve now? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You will have to take the regular bus or express bus to the bus terminal in Belize City and then taxi to the marine terminal. Don't know the prices of the buses, and they don't take reservations.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks CC. So you think I can just figure this out when I get to San Ignacio, no problemo?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Yes You can usually wing it except Easter and Xmas.
LOCAL TIP-Ask around for the gypsy Gringo buses that come from Guat past SI to BZ city. Comfy ,fast and reasonable. They run on ever changing schedules with often no permit in BZ.

L
OP Offline
L
Thanks key. I'm going to be leaving S.I. on Jan 4th, do you think it will be crazy busy to catch the bus then? Seems hard to reserve in advance even if I wanted to...?

I'm actually staying at Cahel Pech Resort and they said:
The transfer is in a A/C vehicle from Cahal Pech Village to the marine Terminal in Belize City, cost is $92.65 US includes all taxes for the two of us. Sounds like a lot.

Any comments would be appreciated. Ciao!

A
A
I lived in Belize last year and took the bus all the time. I don't remember how often it leaves but pretty often like once an hour or something like that and the Express bus leaves about 3 times a day (anyone can feel free to correct me if i'm wrong!) From san ignacio you'll bus to Belmopan where you'll just stay on the bus for a few minutes while the people from belmo get on (you won't have to get off).It costs about 5$ belize dollars regular and $10 bz Express. That is just an estimate... but it is very inexpensive! The express bus goes straight there and the regular stops at every village. they are old school buses and charter buses sent down from the states. once you get to the belize bus stop then there will be lots of guys waiting out front offering a taxi ride. Just go with whoever because its all the same price. last time i was there it was around 6$bz but it could've gone up. Its a great way to meet people, get to know the local people of Belize and see the countryside. Its all very easy and self explanatory, just get your people from the resort to drive you to the bus terminal. Make sure you take some time to explore san ignacio because its pretty cool too! As an 18 year old girl from Canada i was able to travel belize no problem on my own without any planning or a lonely planet so all i'm saying is don't worry, relax and enjoy your trip. Everything's english and don't be afraid to ask for directions while you there. Have a merry Christmas and I wish i was in your shoes... I miss Belize SO much! [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.