Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Last year we were on Caye Caulker and had a wonderful time at a little purple bar right on the beach just north or Rainbow. We had such a good time and the owner was so nice we decided to return this year. I now see it is not in operation any longer and we would love to contact the owner. I think his name was Rob. If anyone knows please e-mail me at [email protected]

C
C
One day he was there, then poof, the next day he was gone.

C
C
Ibeleive he was running a business without a work permit.

The purple "Palapa Bar" and the surrounding area is owned by the village and managed by the village council. Someone on the council could tell you for sure why is closed. Not sure what happened to Rob, but I did hear a rumor that he got a huge family inheritance and ran away into the sunset.

The village council has received many letters of application to take over the lease for the bar but so far has yet to make a decision on it's fate. In my opionion, the land and business opportunity (and tax revenue) are being wasted on a daily basis.

C
C
Propandroter,

I sent Rob a link to this thread

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Personal I think the village council is a total waste. If you live i n Caye Caulker I am sure you will agree with me .

R
Rob Offline
R
Rob here, the guy who had leased said property. Cowboy, thanks for sending me the email regarding this inquiry. To answer your question the village council served me with an eviction notice and provided no reason for their action. I am still looking for the rest of the rent money they still owe me. To date the village is out $19,400.00 in rent they could have collected for the property. I am still not entirely clear why they evicted me as the rent was fully paid, I had a work permit, and we worked hard to become asset to the community. I left last year for my fathers funeral and when I returned to my bar everything from my home and everything from my bar was stolen, prior to the eviction date. The police told me that they were the ones who broke in and removed everything. They told me that if I did not leave the island I would be killed. I took their threat seriously and left the island as their reputation for brutality and corruption is widely known. I am ever so sorry to have been forced to leave the island as I was looking forward to a quiet life on the island and I think of Caye Caulker and all of my friends I had to leave everyday. The corruption and predigest mindset of the village council and the police made my dream of a peaceful retirement a frightening nightmare. I miss my little bar�

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Is this true? Anyone concerned about this?

A
A
It has always been my experience that there are usually three sides to a story, his side, the other side and then there is the truth. That's my reality anyway...

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites www.auxilloubeachsuites.com

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day