Wish-Willy Bar & Grill Recipe
Ginger, Chicken & Coconut Soup
Caye Caulker’s celebrity chef, Wish-Willy’s recipe of the week:
1 ˝ pints/3 cups coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock
4 stalks lemon grass or fever grass
Pinch of black pepper
10 lime leaves, torn
11 ozs. Chicken boneless, cut into thin strips
4 ozs. Mushrooms
2 ozs. Baby corn
4 tbspn. Lime juice
3 tbspn. Fish sauce
2 red chilies, chopped
Chopped spring onion to garnish
Coriander leave or cilantro to garnish
1. Bring the coconut milk and chicken stock to boil.
2. Add the lemon grass, black pepper and lime juice. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Strain the stock into a clean pan.
4. Return to the heat. Then add the chicken, mushroom and baby corn (sweet corn). Cook for 5 – 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
5. Stir in the juice, fish sauce to taste and the rest of lime leaves.
6. Serve hot, garnish with Red chilies, and spring onion and cilantro.
7. Serve 4 – 6 persons.