Wish Willy’s Lime Chili Shrimp Kebab
Recipe by Caye Caulker’s celebrity chef Wish Willy
Wish Willy is the proprietor and head chef at Wish Willy’s Bar and Grill which is located two lanes from the famous Caye Caulker beach- “the Split”. The bar and restaurant is an “al fresco” affair set up in the front yard of Wish Willy’s residence. He serves his own special concoctions; part European gourmet, part grassroots Belizean and part Isla Carinosa delight. A unique taste and a lively dining experience.
2 garlic Cloves crushed
½ in. (1 cm) pieces fresh Ginger grated
2 tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
½ tbsp Hot Chili Sauce
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Honey
3 tbsp Lime juice
20-30 raw large Shrimps
5 wooden skewers place in cold water
1. Marinate, combine garlic, ginger, cilantro, chili sauce, soy sauce, honey and lime in a glass bowl.
2. Add shrimp and toss in marinate and coat well.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Place shrimp on wooden skewers and BBQ for 3 minutes on each side.
5. Serve over white rice and salad.