Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#220753 04/13/06 12:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sure you said it all! Freaking Gringos Rules, Belize it or not. As Belizean ( born both parents are Belizeans) you can't enjoy beach walk with out the harasment of owers of front beach.Unless you are white . Oh thanks to those asshole who sell their piece of jewelry to them . Now they have to ask permission to walk in there "own land "

Que chingen su madre los grenchos!

#220754 04/13/06 12:39 PM
D
D
Message from the real world!
White people get hassled by the same folks who think they own the beach. Property owners who hassle me have mostly been Belizian.
Every time I went into Tourist Village it was with a Belizian or to meet one for lunch who was already there, so the theory that locals can't go there is a mystery to me.
Belizians sometimes get hassled at high dollar places and have some very real complaints that need to be addressed. The people most likely to rise to address this are gringos because many care about fairness a lot.
There is a group of locals who would like to divide the public into the "gringos taking over and getting all the breaks" and "locals who can't walk on the beach, go in Tourist Village, water pressure always lower at my house..."
This group of Belizians alienates those who are most eager to set things right.
Wake Up.

#220755 04/13/06 08:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I am white and have been run off beachfront property by belizians. Was told I didn't belong there. I've also been to tourist village with Belizian friends. Guess it depends on the day and what kind of mood it is. Seems to me that most people there spend their time back-biting........

#220756 04/15/06 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
well the most comon one in caye caulker chasing people off the beach is top wedding crasher not for hiting on girls tony vega chasing people off his beach and not only that for that he gets to be one of the top belize tourism board elected for this year to coparate promote tourism,wow, chasing people off the front beach and thinking he owns it. and you get [#%!] rewarded for being a dick to tourist and locals ha ha wow.

#220757 04/15/06 12:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
On Tobacco Caye, everyone seems to me to congregate on the Tobacco Caye Lodge property. It is an east side to west side property...the dock faces west and the bar is located there, then a large stretch of sand going eastward to the kitchen/dining room and beyond that, the cabanas and the reef again. It's as much "private" or "public" property as any other part of the caye, yet it is treated like a public park whereas other properties are not. I think it depends on how the owner of the hotel or house maintains/patrols the property.

For example: people staying at other hotels, or who come ashore from anchored catamarans costing $1,000+ US/day, feel perfectly justified to walk up to the TCLodge chairs and picnic tables, throw down a towel on one (or more) to "save it" while they snorkel, go eat lunch or do whatever. I've seen people from Gaviota's carry TCL's wooden chairs into the sea so they could stay cool while reading, no thought given to the effects of salt water soaking into the chairs and the metal hinges used for folding. The only time I've seen the owner of TCLodge tell someone to get out of his chairs was when he caught these jokers sitting on them in the sea. Granted, he does run a bar and if people are buying drinks they are certainly entitiled to seating at the bar or on the chairs, but the staking out of chairs and sunbathing territory often occurs early in the morning, long before the bar opens at about 3PM. Sometimes every single chair is full of people from the other hotels on the island and day trippers with picnic baskets. They don't hang around on the beach at the hotels where they sleep and eat? Why? None of those people are ever run off as far as I have seen: not run off the beach, not run off TCLodge property and not run off the chairs that belong to the property. Likewise, if you go to buy a drink at Reef's End or Ocean's Edge, you can enjoy your drink on their decks and chairs and hammocks.

However, if you are staying elsewhere, many of the hotel owners (whose guests spend all day on the TCLodge property and only come back for meals and sleep) WILL tell you to haul y'rass right outta their hammocks and chairs if you settle down in one without permission. They will tell you those hammocks are for their guests, and they are right and within the rights of ownership.

I have never, ever, in years of visiting TC seen ANYONE or HEARD of ANYONE being told they can not walk by on the beach or told not to enter or exit the water at a particular point. Some property owners are vigilent about the chairs and hammocks they have placed on their properties. Some are not.

The solution is for people, locals and tourists alike, to be considerate.

What a concept.

#220758 04/16/06 10:09 AM
S
S
Am black, lived in belize for over a decade and have been chased from beaches here as well. The tourism village is commerical property and has rules/guidelines for visitors as well. I again been to the village with belizeans and foreigners for pleasure and business puropses. PPl ii all depends on how u conduct oneself in public or in any establishment. Go there with an attitude and you will be greeted with one in return. Try being humble and not worrying who sold what to whom. Its all here to be enjoyed by all.

#220759 04/19/06 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
End of story. If you white u str8 if you Belizean u are [#%!],worst if you Black. Damn this people who discrimite! Oh and about the Vegas hmm I am sad to say it it true. Give power to the power and you get a ... you end it. As for me.. I walk in the beachs in caye any time of the day and " they " don't say one rass to me. Make dem know DAMN IT!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day