Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lemnia Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We (myself and two kids aged 13 & 15) are coming to Ambergris in June.We are sooo..excited about it,it sounds lovely! Are there places that we can go to at night to get dinner and maybe here music,and see the scienes of night life on Ambergris,without feeling that the children are two young to be there? I want them to be able to come along and hang out, but don't want to take them to places that might be innappropriate for there ages.Is Ambergris very 'kid freindly' this way?

There are many good restaurants on Ambergris and in its capital, San Pedro. The food is tasty and varied. You can get Italian, American, Belizean, French Cuisine, Vegetarian, and Chinese...all excellent.

The kids will be welcomed wherever you go on Ambergris. Beach bars are numerous and very laid back -- some with live entertainment and others with good conversation.

You'll enjoy the people you meet in these places and you will most likely come away with new friends and a desire to return soon. Have a great vacation. If I can be of any further help, just click on my address below.

**Jim

<A HREF="[email protected]">[email protected]</A>

**Jim
S
S
I took my 14y/o daughter in March-we had a fabulous time, altho the nite life wasn't as exciting as we've seen in Mexico.I would like to give you a little more info if you want to e-mail me personally.It is rather long for this board-just about her likes and dislikes of the town etc.
[email protected]

O
O
Lemnia: In my web, I have chronicled our trips down to Belize in words and pictures.
May I suggest that you click on the following, http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com and scroll up to Part 2 Ambergris Caye and Part 3
Placencia where you can see both areas and things to do and see and places to stay in both.
Any questions just e-mail me and If I don't know the answer I will find you someone who does.

The Oldgator's Homepage
http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com
Lemnia,

I'd just echo what others have said.

My two kids (now 16 and 11) really like Ambergris Caye. They especially like San Pedro -- being able to walk safely around town, exploring a bit. The water and beach activities are great of course, though my kids get the most enjoyment out of a hotel pool. Not all the hotels and condotels on the island have a pool, but it's a must for us. Most of the mid-range and up places also have cable TV, which, I have to admit, is an attraction for my children.

All the restaurants on the island are kid-friendly, even the most expensive ones such as Mambo, Capricorn and Rendevouz (although if your kids are like mine they'd rather eat pizza or seafood or a burger at a place like Fido's or one of the less expensive casual restaurants.)

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
L
Lemnia Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thankyou so much everyone for your responses! They have helped me tremendously. What a great idea this message board is.

S
S
We just returned from eight wonderful days on AC with our two children. Our 11-year-old son LOVED every minute of the vacation; our 14-year-old daughter liked it, but missed her friends and spent some time everyday at the cybercafe. We stayed at the SunBreeze, which had a swimming pool we used at least once a day, and also had a tv in the room. At night, after dinner, we walked around in the town and on the beach...and many nights we were all sleeping by 9:30 p.m.! (Snorkling, etc. really wore us out.) Everyone was extremely nice and very solicitious of children -- they were welcomed everywhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.