Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#220917 04/25/06 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I was wondering if anyone from Caulker is going to compete in the Ambergris Caye Eco-challenge on the 6th and 7th of May? I will be on Caulker sometime around the 3rd and would like to partner up with someone. If your interested please email me at [email protected]
I am leaving Montana on the 28th to spend the first part of vacation in San Ignacio, then on to Caulker.... See everyone soon.

#220918 04/25/06 06:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We are now living in Caye Caulker just curious what part of Montana your coming from?

#220919 04/26/06 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I live in Bozeman. I moved here a lil over a year ago and I love it here. We had a great snow year. I'ld love to hear your story.....
Sean

#220920 05/02/06 06:53 PM
Hi Hillberry & Whitefish -

I'm born and raised in Missoula, now living in Post Falls, Idaho. Just got back on Sunday 4/30 from a few days on Ambergris and the rest on Caye Caulker.

"Civilization is a limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessaries." Samuel Langhorne Clemson
#220921 05/11/06 04:37 PM
A
A
Congratulations to Allie for winning first place in the female solo competition. "You no easy" girl!!!

Thanks and cheers,
Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
#220922 05/15/06 01:29 PM
A
A
Thank you for all the support from Caye Caulker, I am definately proud to be representing CC. And all the 40 something women who haven't given up their dreams or their killer instincts.
Love ya!

#220923 05/15/06 01:47 PM
A
A
[Linked Image]

Congratulations are also in order to Immer Perez, tour guide at Anwar Tours, for willing the Male solo!

www.cayecaulkerchronicles.com
Reef Festival Kayak Challenge
On May 6th at 6 a.m., 44 teams of intrepid kayakers blasted out of the San Pedro Lagoon, starting the 29 mile leg of a 43 mile race around Ambergris, through Bacalar Chico and returning to Mar De Tumbo beach May 7th.

There were 3 Solo teams from Caye Caulker: Myself, sponsored by E-Z Boy Tours, Immer Perez from Anwar Tours and Dean Baldwin from Say L King. 2 doubles teams from Esperanza, 1 Belizean /British solo "BIANCA" from London and 8 Dory teams from Sarteneja. The balance were representing San Pedro, including last years top teams from Ramons Village and many College students as well.

Off we flew, paddles blazing! Imagine my pleasure and surprize to find myself leading the entire pack. It was awesome. I pulled and cajoled my body to keep up the pace, but at the 4 hour mark I relenquished my lead to 5 doubles teams, whom I followed the final 3 1/2 hours to Pt Robles. I finished 6th that day.

At Elito Arceo's property we were nourished and rested and fed and fed and fed some more until we happily went to sleep on the beach. A good breeze kept away the bugs and we slept to the sound of the waves crashing the reef.

The next morning the race started at 9a.m., and it was a great start for me. I led again , but only for the first hour, then I bonked. That means "run out of steam"... my body rebelled against my brain, I kept sending the signals but my arms weren't doing what I was asking them. Hmph! I nearly gave up, until at last, the Caye Caulker Cheering squad showed up beside me in the E-Z Boy Tour boat. Their cheers and encouragement strengthened me so I could finish strong. Thank God for Sports fans.

Here are the winner stats.
1st Female Solo/ 1st Overall Solo- Allie Ifield- E-Z Boy Tours CC
1st Male Solo - Immer Perez- Anwar Tours CC
1st Male Double / 1st Overall - Jambal Jerk Pit( Eperanza men) SP
1st Female Double- Tides Gal-( Esperanza Females) SP
1st Dory- Bull shark- Sarteneja

I'd like to thank God; for the strength he gives me, the fans and my husband (Lova Lova) for their support and Elito and all the volunteers who help make this race the best race on the planet, according to me. See ya next year. Paddle Hard! Race to win!

[This message has been edited by Auxillou Beach Suites (edited 05-15-2006).]

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day