#221271 09/09/06 07:46 PM
M
M
So Beautiful and so stupid - White girls

#221272 09/09/06 10:38 PM
C
C
Munich,,,
Hey,, Dave. what kind of statment is that!!!!
I know what kind it seems like.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
#221273 09/09/06 10:39 PM
C
C
sorry, I twisted up the name MINUCH

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
#221274 09/27/06 04:36 PM
R
R
My understanding is that Harry is an addicted gambler.. sad..but possibly true.

#221275 11/11/06 10:24 AM
K
K
He has serious gambling problem amongst the others already mentioned.I came back to visit recently and was told he is currently in jail not sure if it true? very sad but he ain't the only one with addictions and illegal ways,there are many in the world.The island still has its natural beauty and a little paradise left

#221276 11/11/06 11:05 AM
W
W
Regarding the local guys and their game they play with tourist girls...
I saw the same thing happen in Cayman, but the guys there see it differently.
They see they are providing a service. They become your personal tour guide and date for your vacation. They show you a good time, where to go, what to do. They add alot to someone's vacation. But they cannot afford to be doing this every week. So instead, they let the girl pay for alot of what they do. While it doesn't sound like something you would expect on a regular date, they feel that it is sort of payment for services rendered.
In Cayman though, i have never heard of anyone asking a girl for money outright though. Sure, pay for drinks and dinner etc, but to ask for money, i have never heard of that.
Scamming any tourist is a really stupid thing to do. Toursist come to our countries to have a good time and spend their hard earned money. They don't need a few selfish individuals ruining someone entire vacation experience. All that person will remember of their trip is how they got screwed over. Local guys can show people a good time, and accept gratuity from them in a variety of ways, but be honest, that is all anyone really wants.
Just my opinion!

#221277 11/13/06 09:53 AM
P
P
Hey Jools,
I am an american female who has traveled alone. I was on cc in March with my brother and his wife. My brother has been there many times but it was my first visit. I did my homework BEFORE i went. Learned all I could about the people, customs, and expectations of the island. You hold some responsability for what happened to you. Yes you were taken advantage of but at the end of the day you made the chioces for you. We all know that these kind of thugs are all over the world. Please don't let this keep you from going back the the most peacful place on earth. They awre not all bad there. As a matter of fact I was treated with respect and felt very safe there. Maybe I just had a "don't screw with me look" but give it another go. and don't go alone. I'll be going back in 07 and can't wait.

#221278 11/13/06 10:02 AM
P
P
hey minuch if we white girls are so stupid why do your men need to us to take care of them? Humm seems to me we are the ones with the cash to come there and spend our money. I am a white female business owner that is smart enough NOT to be scamed buy jerks like you. Comments like that will not get us back to your island to spent the thousand of dollars we spend on a one week trip there to keep your economy running.I'll be back because one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch and you are the bad apple

Now that the board's have merged (AC with CC), I'd like it known that the seashell that posted above, is not this seashell that has been posting on the AC board for years.

Not that I completely disagree with what the CCseashell had to say, just that it wasn't me.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Please don't link poverty and dishonesty. I have lived in countries which make the average Belizean as found on the cayes quite comfortably off, yet those people were honest. I don't just mean they didn't steal or cheat, I mean it never crossed their minds. In fact, these people were usually incredibly generous with the little they did have.

I have come across many Harrys in Belize. The culture is to do whatever you like so long as you aren't caught. In fact, in most cases even if they are caught very little happens to them. Of the many people who have stolen from me in my five years here I can think of none who was so poor (s)he needed to. They just wanted an easy ride.

The ONLY remedy for this is proper rule of law, with meaningful penalties for trangressors. That appears to be some way off.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day