Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hi;

My boyfriend and I are planning a much needed romantic getaway to Belize. Having never been there I am relying solely on the internet for info etc. We want to stay in a great, unusual, resort or hotel in the next couple of weeks. I'm wondering if anyone has ever stayed at any of the following places and can tell me which one I should stay at: Mata Chica,The Inn at Robert's Grove or Luba Hati? Any thoughts?

[This message has been edited by jodi roth (edited 05-12-2000).]

B
B
I've been to San Pedro a few times - i highly recommend either Paradise Villas or Ramon's Village. Ramon's has these cute little cabanas, a beautiful white sand beach, a great swimming pool, and a fantastic restaurant.

Mike =)

ps - I may be your pilot flying you from Belize to San Pedro if you come down. see you around...

Jodi,

Of the three places you mention, I've stayed only at Luba Hati (a few weeks ago) though I've visited Inn at Roberts Grove a number of times and Mata Chica twice, and I've eaten at Robert's Grove and Mata Chica.

Of course the basic decision is whether you want to go to Placencia or Ambergris Caye. This issue is discussed frequently on another Belize board, so I won't go into the pros and cons of each area.

All three places you mention are excellent. In our Belize Book of Lists 2000 (available from Amazon.com and elsewhere) we rate Inn at Robert's Grove the # 1 mainland seaside resort and Mata Chica one of the top two or three resorts on Ambergris Caye.

Another place to consider on (or rather near) Ambergris, which is really romantic is Cayo Espanto. It's four villas on a private island on the back side of Ambergris. You get your own "butler," delicious meals delivered to your villa, and the villas themselves are beautiful designed with all the modcons including stereos and cable TV, Egyptian cotton sheets, small private pools (they call them "splash pools.")

The only downside is that it's very expensive -- like US$600-$1000 or more a day, but that includes meals, and they usually have some off-season deals.

--Lan Sluder
Editor & Publisher
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
(and also updating the Belize sections of Fodor's and UpClose Central America guides for Random House)

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
O
O
Jodi: On my Web Site I have in words and pictures described our stay at Robert's Grove which Lan has mentioned. Go to the site at http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com and then scroll to Part 3 PLACENCIA and click on the Roberts Grove links.

The Oldgator's Homepage
http://oldgatorsnest.addr.com
J
OP Offline
J
thanks for all the helpful info - one more question does anyone know anyone who has been to the Maruba Jungle Spa? I've heard it's great bit I'd love some more feedback.

Jodi

R
R
Jodi,
I am a travel agent for the Belize area and have personally been to Belize 12 times in the past 2 years. I have been to Maruba Resort and it is really nice. You can get massages, facials, ride horseback, take day trips, and many other things. The restaurant is top notch and the bar has an unusual thing called "viper rum". It's very interesting. You can stay in Ambergris Caye and take a day trip to Maruba Resort, or just stay at Maruba Resort. The difference is that Maruba is on the mainland and the other resorts that you mentioned are out on the island. Also, Caribe Island Resort is a nice place to stay. This property has a great beach, dive shop, restaurant, bar. It is 3 miles from the airport and you can either take a taxi around, or rent a golf cart...which is a blast to do, and you get to enjoy the scenery this way. Ramon's Village Resort has great thatch hut cabanas with modern amenities, and a spectacular pool, dive shop, and beach.
Hope this helps!
Renea George

Renea
Of the ones listed, just pack up and head to Mata Chica. What a wonderful place, every unit hand painted and designed, each a jewel to itself.

Even the sinks in the bathroom are incredible, beautiful, one of a kind items. They brought a French painter over to do the outside of the buildings. If you are going to spoil yourself with luxury, just get right over to http://MataChica.com and talk to Philippe, Nadia, and Gricel...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.