Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#222388 12/11/06 04:43 PM
T
OP Offline
T
can anyone tell me if the local beverage distributor sells to the general public or do they just sell to retailers? if they sell to the public, do they deliver? i've tried to contact them via e-mail but either their addresses are inoperable or someone's asleep at the keyboard.

yes, they sell directly to customers, and yes they deliver. just stop in there when you are in town, and it will all materialize at your door....being delivered by tractors of all things...its one of the greatest things about the island!

And the really cool thing is you get it for the same price as the retailers T.S.

J DOG #222407 12/11/06 06:13 PM
J Dog -have to disagree with you here-for all the little shops that buy a beer and wine license and hope to make a few dollars on providing a service near your hotel/condo/resort are being screwed by the big bad Belikin people for no real reason-they should not sell to people without a liquor license -let the little guy make some money-otherwise the little guy disappears and you will be asked to contribute to even more charities here on SP
By the way I do not count myself as one of the little guys

shudder to think it....but i actually completely agree with pedro on this one. the bowens, we all know, have a complete monopoloy on beverages on this island. by not providing a wholesale price to the retailers, not onlyl are the retailers getting screwed, but we as consumers are as well.

as a tourist, lets say a bar wanted to do a promotion to get people to their bar..they cant! if a store wants to do the same they cant! and what happens, we pay more because bowen has no reason on earth to lower their wholesale prices...cause they dont have to.

what about the hard liquor market, is that also a monopoly?

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
no-hard liquor has a number of distributors

So retailers can make a little $$ on drinks (Rum punch, Martinis, etc.)?

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
A shop(retailer) is not allowed to make rum punch/martinis etc.
damn it 2m just when I think you are getting out of the garbage pit and understanding things -you make another faux pax-
Ok I am bored and the football match has not yet begun-
all shops selling liquor must have a license to sell all types of booze and they pay the most monies.
all shops that just sell wine and beer must have a beer and cider license.
no shop can sell drinks for consumption on or outside the door of their premises (it is illegal in Belize to consume alcohol in a public area)
Depending on a bars license they can sell beer,wine and liquor (must have pub special license to sell liquor) for consumption on their premises -also they must have two toilets -children are not allowed in a bar but they are allowed in a restaurant with a bar attached-these are the basic liquor laws of Belize

Last edited by Pedro1; 12/11/06 09:26 PM.
OK Pedro I feel for the Bar owners, But I spend plenty of money in my favorite hangouts down there & I buy plenty of beers for all my local buddies I just think it's nice to be able to buy a case of beer at a decent price to keep in my frig so when I stager back to my room I can have a cold one. I would say I probaly spend more at the bars than I do eating out.
And I'm gona make it a point to stop by & have a few beers & some Yager at Pedros even though I've never been there before.
I like your style Pedro & I will suport you! look forward to meeting you Feb.3-10

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.