Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#222534 12/12/06 10:20 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Has anyone stayed here and what was there expeirence? Also did you dive or snorkel with them? Mty wife and I will be there in April and I would like to find a nice cheap place. I would also like to do snorkel from the beach is there any suggestions for any area?
I was alos wondering if the Crooked Tree bird reserve would be good if we already planned to go to Lamnia Ruins (poor spelling). I am try to decide if we should stay on the mainland for a day or two to visit these places or just do a day trip to Lamnia. All comnments appriciated.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Where?

cant snorkel from beach, really. shallow & sea grass, but can from some piers (like ramon's).

on the mainland question: how long are you staying? cant answer about those places, havent been, but i was in cayo twice & liked it a lot.

If you want to do Crooked Tree and Lamanai, you would do best to stay on the mainlnad in that area for a few days. Both are fairly close to each other and worth a day each. Will be more expensive if you try to do them as day trips from the island.

There is some snorekling from shore far north on the island. Or around the various docks as posted above. Best snorkeling is by a boat trip out to the reef.

Try Lily's or Ruby's for cheap hotels. Banana Beach also has some inexpensive rooms in a nicer, more "resorty" atmosphere.

S
S
Barb is right, to do both from the island would be very expensive. You might try staying at one of the hotels in Orange Walk Town and doing day trips from there as both Lamanai and Crooked Tree are about the same distance away. You could save Crooked Tree for your day of travel into Belize City to transfer over to the island (Crooked Tree is on the way.)

A
OP Offline
A
How is the Coral Beach Hotel? I do not need a fancy resort but a clean well run establishment is always welcome.

Last edited by AZnative; 12/18/06 10:05 AM.
Snorkeling from the beach is alittle risky if you plan on going all the way to the reef. Lots of boat traffic and its pretty cheap to just take a boat out there. If you stay on any of the out islands(cayes) you'll be able to see much more. I tried swimming out to the reef on a whim and darn near got run over. NO FAULT of the local driving, I popped up right in front of him.
Enjoy yourself, take and boat..after all IT'S a VACATION....splurg..and help support the locals...they're worth it and you'll make more friends.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.