Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
One more question... we are arriving thurs. night. My daughter will be following us in on saturday night so will not be travelling with us.

My daughter takes several rx drugs for her asthma, an antibiotic, and a non-narcotic pain killer for an injury in a motorcycle accident several months ago. (altho I may bring her darvocet since she will be walking alot; that's when her leg bothers her and that is considered a narcotic).

I was going to put her drugs along with ours in our checked luggage since she will only be taking a carry-on bag. My thinking was that they would go through easier in checked. (there are no drugs that anyone would think twice about... I was just being concerned)

All drugs are in their orig. bottles labeled ect.

However, if our checked bag is searched will it be a problem b/c we have her drugs yet she is not with us??

or

should she just take her own drugs in her carry-on and there won't be any problems??

Thanks a bunch! One more sleep and we are there!!!
Robin

Last edited by cokelush; 12/13/06 12:04 PM.
Have her bring her own stuff in her carryon. If for some reason your luggage gets lost she is out of luck. Always bring in your carryon anything you cannot afford to lose.

K
K
It's a good idea to have her MD's prescription for the meds with her too.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
C
OP Offline
C
There's no way to get the MD prescription... the pharmacy keeps them for their records. (military treatment facility).
I'll have her put them in her carry-on and hope for the best.
Thanks.

While here if you need a refill, they will almost always accept the bottle itself for refills. Very little here requires a prescription.

definitly keep all meds with her in her carry on!!!! incase of lost luggage with others have already mentioned.

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination....live & enjoy every moment....

~*~Ania~*~
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Last year I brought prescription meds in and was told I would have to pay duty, unless I could show an original of the prescription. As with cokelush I was unable to, but I had anticipated this and had a letter from the doctor saying I needed the drugs, plus a copy of the form which shows the drugs prescribed. Made no difference - I was charged duty, though fortunately at a fairly low rate.

C
OP Offline
C
Pedro2 - do you remember about what the amount was that you had to pay? My daughter will be traveling w/ her bf but neither have dealt w/ customs before.
She's not going to be bringing alot of money and I just don't want the customs people to freak her out.
She is very pretty and I could tell her to cry... maybe that would get her out of it?? lol.

Anyways, I'm trying to prepare her for any scenario... and I had no clue that she/we might have to pay duty on rx drugs. wow.

Thanks for the heads up.

I believe this is the first time I heard of questions on medicine and customs.
We carry medications and no one ever asked any question.

We go often to Belize... smile

C
OP Offline
C
Good to know NYgal. Guess we'll all find out soon! I'll warn her tho'.
We are beyond excited!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.