Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
LtoZ Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My husband and I like to get away from the hectic work schedules and spend time on the beach, swimming, snorkel (have not started to dive as yet), and AC looks so inviting. Does anyone have any positive/negative things to say about Captain Morgans Vacation Beach Club and-or Costa Maya Reef Resort? Thinking of planning sometime in Nov - Dec for 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Stay in town the first trip...Bannana Beach or AquaMarina...
You'll be glad you did. Unless you like being at one place and not exploreing. Being in town allows you to see more without the hassle of taking a water taxi back each night.

If you want luxury, try Victoria House..
just my opinion...

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Much as I love BB (my home away from home), Axe, I would not consider it "in town". Looks to me like the OP's might possibly be thinking of trying to swap out timeshare weeks.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Ahhh...righto..at least it's no boat ride..was trying to suggest an alternate place that might be more private. Your spot on tho..

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
realize there are two areas of ambergris, north of cut and the rest. cm's is north of cut,and to get to town one must take water taxi, which stops at 10pm ish (is that still true gang?). i no nothing about the other place. i don't know of any place one can swim or snorkel off the beaches, just off the piers. the beach is shallow and has sea grass. that said, AC has magnificently beautiful beaches all up and down.

i prefer to be out of town, some like in town. for south of town (my pref), check out xanadu, thatch and pretty, good reputation. sooo many choices, do not limit yourself to what you see on the net, look at lodgings on this site for other good options.

Captain Morgans is beautiful LtoZ. Only 3 miles south.

(she lives there & knows better than i...listen to her!)

I would not listen to all my advice, it depends on the individual of course! All opinions count. There is something for everyone. Captain Morgan's is beautiful to me and it is 3 miles north (that part can not be disputed, lol!)

understood, k. i just know that when i stayed at journey's end long ago, it was lovely but i felt trapped there. plus, i thought reviews were overrated for service etc. MHO. did next 3 visits south and now continue. liked to be on my own schedule. as you said, to each his own.

Post deleted by sweetjane

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.