Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rapala Offline OP
OP Offline
R
We are planning a trip to Belize and wondered if parasites are a problem on fresh fruits and veggies. I gained a lot of weight last year in Mexico because we couldnt eat salads only beans and tacos, pizza and cooked veggies. Is it the same in Belize or is there something I can soak lettuce and tomatoes in before eating them? What do you folks that live in Belize suggest? Thanks.

I've never heard of any problems here on Ambergris Caye. I buy locally and don't do any special prep on fruits and veggies. And I eat in all the restaurants, fast food places and street vendors and have never had a problem.

Never had a problem here. Do have a problem back in the States -think it is some presevitive they use on Salad.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Know what you mean about Mexico, only place I ever got sick, 4 guys in one room & we all had the same problem.
Never had a problem in S.P. in 20+ trips.
Don't know about the Mainland because I've never been there, having too much fun in San Pedro!

JZB Offline
Not too big of a problem here. Just wash all your fruits and veggies before consuming as you do back home.

E
E
You should wash them in water with a little clorox mixed in.

Clorox must be a Texas thing. We don't do that here on Ambergris Caye...and no one gets sick!

Clorox is just a preventative thing. I've never had a problem either.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
K
K
My mother would put a tablespoon of clorox in my bathwater when I was a little girl (had a lot of scrapes) for disinfectant purposes.

E
E
Oh, guess what Jesse, I think you are mistaken. Why not ask Charlene, she washes lime, lettuce, celery and even glasses with the clorox mixture. Ive watched them do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 307 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.